burner pressure testing on gas hobs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone tell me how to test the burner pressure on my gas hob,can i connect u gauge and tube to the injector,also if say boiler is on will this give me working pressure

Sponsored Links
Its generally considered that you run the three largest rings and measure at the injector of the smallest.

There is no standard about having the boiler on or off. Most people do it with the boiler off.

Having the boiler on ( at full power ) will identify if there is any pipe sizing problem.

Hobs are generally pretty tolerant of supply pressure variations. I once saw a take away with only 12 mB because of a faulty meter regulator.

Tony

Was it Water Systems that said DIY gas was legal :cry: :cry:

Wonder where Competent comes in. :(

Sponsored Links
tompint said:
can anyone tell me how to test the burner pressure on my gas hob,can i connect u gauge and tube to the injector,also if say boiler is on will this give me working pressure

yes post yer CORGI number first ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back