Gas Pipe form Propane Bottles to Hob

Can anyone tell me what grade of stainless tube I need to build a pressurised water reactor in my garden? And should i use the silvery Plutonium or will the dull grey type be OK?

I will not be building it myself. My mate who is a nuclear physicist will commision it for me, but I want to get all the parts ready and assembled for him to sign it off and do the paperwork.

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
Can anyone tell me what grade of stainless tube I need to build a pressurised water reactor in my garden? And should i use the silvery Plutonium or will the dull grey type be OK?

I will not be building it myself. My mate who is a nuclear physicist will commision it for me, but I want to get all the parts ready and assembled for him to sign it off and do the paperwork.

1b288037.jpg

Forget it fit a gas hob :LOL:

Sponsored Links
gas4you said:
GRANDAD :eek: You're as bad as the sparky i worked with last week who asked if I was alright with his radio on virgin or did I want him to change it to Radio 2 :eek:

I told him that the only station I listen to is Radio 1 :rolleyes:

Radio 2 I ask you, thought I was with it and strutting my funky stuff :LOL:

you can keep 1 2 and virgin

you want to get down with the kids and listern to the banging station that i listen to alll the live long day

lets hear it fot he Humpries Posse on Radio 4

oh yeah

LMAO

Honestly I am an old fart who hates the music today, I mean its not as if you cannot here the words anymore, that dont have blooody words anymore

no respect for their elders

:)

self builder 123 said:
Hi

We are having a gas hob installed and I was wondering which supply pipe to purchase ?

I will not be making my own connection, I am just looking to purchase the necessary materials.

As I understand it there will be a couple of propane gas bottles outside the house with a pipe running from the bottles under the ground, through a plastic sleeve through the wall ( still underground ) coming out under the kitchen units and then up to the hob.

The hob will be a 5 burner unit. The pipe will run for no more than 10 metres with no connections in it.

Am I correct in saying that plastic coated copper pipe ( which comes in a coil ) will be right for the job ?

Could any one tell me how to calculate the ID required to ensure sufficient gas pressure at each of the hob burners ?

Cheers

Hi self builder.
I have a 47 kilo propane botle piped up to my cooker sited in an out building. I just used 10mm oil line run along the outside wall of my home. About 14 meters approx.
Isolating valve fitted at the back door then some more oil line , then about one meter approx of rubber hose connected with jubilee clips.
(I dont think its water hose) Probably breaks a few rules which some of the numptys on here might not be to happy about but it works fine.

Balenza said:
self builder 123 said:
Hi

We are having a gas hob installed and I was wondering which supply pipe to purchase ?

I will not be making my own connection, I am just looking to purchase the necessary materials.

As I understand it there will be a couple of propane gas bottles outside the house with a pipe running from the bottles under the ground, through a plastic sleeve through the wall ( still underground ) coming out under the kitchen units and then up to the hob.

The hob will be a 5 burner unit. The pipe will run for no more than 10 metres with no connections in it.

Am I correct in saying that plastic coated copper pipe ( which comes in a coil ) will be right for the job ?

Could any one tell me how to calculate the ID required to ensure sufficient gas pressure at each of the hob burners ?

Cheers

Hi self builder.
I have a 47 kilo propane botle piped up to my cooker sited in an out building. I just used 10mm oil line run along the outside wall of my home. About 14 meters approx.
Isolating valve fitted at the back door then some more oil line , then about one meter approx of rubber hose connected with jubilee clips.
(I dont think its water hose) Probably breaks a few rules which some of the numptys on here might not be to happy about but it works fine.

You are welcome to endanger yourself, but please do not encourage others to follow your example of a seriously incorrect installation.

Gasman1015 said:
Balenza said:
self builder 123 said:
Hi

Cheers

Hi self builder.

You are welcome to endanger yourself, but please do not encourage others to follow your example of a seriously incorrect installation.

If its dangerous then why am I still living ? And anyway wasn't encouraging jack shi@t. Just stating my findings.
The OP is free to choose whatever method he wishes to do the install.

Balenza said:
Hi self builder.

Appreciate the comment is ironic (surely :eek: ) but as the op is going to install it anyway he deserves the information to carry it out safely ie not use rubber hose which will be eaten away by lpg. Alternatively go down the library where there are plenty of gas books providing the information.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back