Gas Testing

kirkgas
any good gas guy would not be happy to connect and sign off a pipe he hasn't fitted/inspected

does that mean you wouldnt tee-in in case there was something awry somewhere on the installation?

Sponsored Links
in this instance we have a copper pipe fitted some time ago open ended and never used, i just meant i would think twice, as i didn't know what was used to seal the pipe were the fittings full slip and going to last when pressurised, its only 10m so a renewal is a good option, we do connect into existing all the time but as it is connected we have to assume all is well, after testing to confirm it is gas tight, our visual is "best endeavour" to ensure we are not liable for the way the pipes are fitted and won't be liable in the event of a prob, so perhaps i am contradicting myself, buy that was my gut reaction tt this scenario.

fair comment kirk

just try to keep you on the ball :)

can anyone tell me if i carry out a alteration to a gas run do i need to curry out a test on the appliance . we are fitting new kitchens so when im doing the work there is no cooker there the only appliance is the boiler witch i check when doing my tightness test. but when it comes to wrighting my cp12 do i need to put all the appliances down on it or just note that iv done a alteration to the gas run and tested the work iv carryed out . can anyone tell me please as im not sure
thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back