"BURNERMAN" :-) oil boiler baffles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure it's been asked before?
What way round do I put the baffle plates back in after cleaning my warmflow boiler.
Holes to the flue side, other side, staggered or does it matter?

Sponsored Links
John, Burnerman, will know the answer!

Edit your heading to put Burnerman? in it to attract his attention!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Sorry fella actually had to do some work today :eek: :p
Which boiler is it? Anyway, the baffle stagger is important, and the open part should be away from the burner flame, (boiler back) then the hot gases double back on themselves, so the next upper baffle is open at the boiler front and so on.....I hope thats a bit of help!
John :)

Next time you take it apart do what the "pros" do and lay the baffles out in the order they came out and in the correct orientation cos if you think a Warmflow is complicated you should try a Boulter Camray 5!! :eek:

Some manufacturers post a diagram under the top lid - well useful.
PS For the worse baffles of all time, its a Rayburn 499. It can take most of a day to shift the s0ds. :eek: :mad:
J.

I've only ever fitted Danesmoor,Heatslaves and Firebirds in oil so can't tell you the difficult ones but i know that Heatslaves are simple.

Sorry fella actually had to do some work today :eek: :p
Which boiler is it? Anyway, the baffle stagger is important, and the open part should be away from the burner flame, (boiler back) then the hot gases double back on themselves, so the next upper baffle is open at the boiler front and so on.....I hope thats a bit of help!
Firstly it was stupid not taking note in the first place!
Secondly, the baffles are a doddle as far as taking out & putting in go (compared to what you guys work with)

did realise they had to be staggered but didn't know what way round the first row went.

Know now :LOL:

Big Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back