Burnerman where art thou? Stihl Combi query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought a stihl combi as spares or repair because i wanted the attachment that came with it and will use the head unit as a parts donor for identical one i'm running currently.

It's a KM130 and about 4/5 years old.

I would ideally like to get it running as a spare unit if it wasn't that hard. It has a spark but has some fuelling issues and is currently not running.

The primer bulb does not fill when pushed but after pumping it the plug is wet so its getting some fuel. I am assuming it has been messed about with as the adjustment screws are wound right in.

Can i get a carb re-build kit and more importantly do you have any info on default carb screw settings?

Thanks and any ideas/ pointers welcome.

Sponsored Links
My apologies for missing this one....it could be something to do with a hedonistic week in Ibiza :p
The primer bulb is to fill the carb with fuel - as you realise there isn't any float chamber on these due to the fact they can be used upside down.
Two faults occur with the primer system 1) The bulb doesn't pump juice 2) the bulb sticks in when depressed.
Both of these problems can be sorted by replacing the diaphragms within the carb - but please be aware the drillings within are minute and really need compressed air and a can of carb cleaner to sort them.
The first (pump) diaphragm is under a cover with a central screw. The diaphragm has a spacer gasket as well - don't forget which way round they go!
The second (metering) diaphragm is under a cover with 4 screws usually - and the same technique applies here.
Regarding the adjustment screws, usually the settings are printed on the air filter cover, but if the screws are black with springs visible then 1 turn out on each should get you going. The screws are marked L and H in this case.
If the plug is wet, turn the engine upside down, and pull the recoil cord until any residual fuel is dispelled from the crankcase.
The carb is likely to have a number - often C1Q and 3 numbers after. Use this to get new diaphragms or take the carb to a Stihl agent.
Hope this helps!
John :)

What a guy!

I hope you saw some bonkers show at manumission as reward.

Sponsored Links
The bonkers show was probably in the Newcastle airport departure lounge :eek:
'Roxannes Hen Party 2013' claimed the T shirt.....came back with tomb stones in their eyes!
Moi - living it up with the other old crocks in Sta Eulalia :p
Hope you get the carb sorted - plenty of non Stihl replacements from the likes of GHS on ebay.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back