Screwfix Petrol Stimmer Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have bought a Titan TTK587GDO strimmer,these are sold by ScrewFix.
It was £10 non runner.
Spark is fine.
Petrol / oil is new.
Spark plug is new.

So i tried to get it started but nothing.
I removed the air filter & give a squirt of carb cleaner down the carb,give it & pull & it started & run until the carb cleaner was gone.
It does this every time.

So i removed the carb & cleaned it with carb cleaner,no gasket / diaphragm look broken.
Put it back together but same issue.
If i pump the primer say 3 times i see fuel being squirted from the little hole in the bottom of the carb,this is the square plate held on by 4 screws & has a circular dish/raised part.

Carb off again & this time another good squirt of carb cleaner down every hole / pipe / drilling.
I just dont see why it wont even start if all is clean.

Any advice.

Attachments

• 5715.jpg
    5715.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 92
Sponsored Links
There’s no way that fuel should be escaping from that plate area.....it would indicate a split diaphragm in there to me.
John :)

If i put my finger over the diaphragm slightly and blow through the metal pipe i can see /feel it lifting etc.
Would this then indicate that there is no rip as otherwise the air going in would just come straight out of the rip ?

I like your theory but there still shouldn’t be fuel escaping.....so there is an issue somewhere.
Time to find out who makes the carb.....Walbro, zama or whatever......it could well be a chinese make who’s name escapes me.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Ok,
So you are then saying that the fuel inlet pipe that im blowing into delivers fuel the other side of the diaphragm and with the rip its then coming out the hole.
I suppose ive answered my own questions as if the pipe was this side it would be a direct supply to the hole.

I will need to pop off another carb i have to try & see if the issue is fixed.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back