business software??

never used it, but i too have heard that it is clever, but it takes the long road to get from a to b, and so charges you the mileage to get there (but then i suppose it would, thats why is an acounting package)

Sponsored Links
Agree with Kev, Sage is non user friendly and cumbersome. There are plenty of better and cheaper programs around.
Mamut, MYOB, RCAP etc

Sorry chaps, but I really do not get what is so awkward and non-user friendly about Sage :rolleyes: :confused:

Sponsored Links
Sorry chaps, but I really do not get what is so awkward and non-user friendly about Sage :rolleyes: :confused:

for a start you can't do quote to job to invoice, & it doesn't calculate VAT correctly. vat is worked out by x & divide not sure what sage does but is often a penny out the correct formulas are:

5% x1 divide 21
15% x3 divide 23
and 17.5% was x7 divide47
these are how the tax office specify it should be done

for a start you can't do quote to job to invoice, & it doesn't calculate VAT correctly. vat is worked out by x & divide not sure what sage does but is often a penny out the correct formulas are:

5% x1 divide 21
15% x3 divide 23
and 17.5% was x7 divide47
these are how the tax office specify it should be done

Don't get that either :confused: On my Sage I can output quotes and convert them to invoices at the end of the job, all it takes is a couple of clicks.

Sage is approved by HMRC for tax a VAT purposes and is the main accountancy package used by accountants generally :confused:

I can't fathom the calculations you quote. If I charge £100 + 15 % VAT the VAT is £15, your way of working = (100 * 3) /23 = £13.04 :confused:

100 * (3/23) still gives the wrong answer :confused:

Sage is approved by HMRC for tax a VAT purposes and is the main accountancy package used by accountants generally :confused:
Yeap, because they get commission from SAGE whenever they sell the program to a business - hence they 'use' it.
All accountants should know all the other programs too - mine does anyway, doesn't like Sage either and promotes Quickbooks, Mamut, MYOB and of course the RCAP.

Still no good example of accountancy jargon. And besides, my accountant doesn't talk in ledgers ;)

Thanks, but no thanks. No Sage for me, Mamut, MYOB are much user friendly

I have recently retired and sold my business. I allways used Sage and found it very simple to use. Vat return produced with just dates and click. Accountant just had my end of year backup disc. and if the VAT inspector called his comment was simple "You use Sage, I don't expect problems"

I used Sage for a charity organisation with over 10 different units all needing their own accounts = company. Cost over the odds to get more 'licence' to set up more accounts (for one user).
MYOB and Mamut all give you up to 999 accounts (companies) included in the price.

Sponsored Links
Back