Busted my Electric Planer. Can it be fixed or should I scrap it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I was planing a thin piece of wood on the floor. Not sure what happened but when I looked under the Planer the metal plate looked like it buckled. Does anyone know if they sell replacements as I cant find one? Otherwise will have to scrap it. A shame as it still all works.

WP_20170623_001.jpg

ae235.jpg

Sponsored Links
They are less than -£30 in screwfix

Worth spending 15-30 mins to see if it is easy to fix, if not then bin it

Looks like its been caught with something stuck in the blade and pulled it out at one end.
Can you remove it and rebend it back into shape? (shape being around the end of the plastic molding).

Yeah I will open it up. I think maybe some of the wood got caught in the blade as there are bits stuck behind the blade. I will try reshaping the metal. Either way would be a shame to bin as if someones broke completely their plate can swap with this :D otherwise if anyone wants it for spares and repairs let me know.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back