Buy a boiler online and get gas engineer to install?

Sponsored Links
Hi,
I eventually selected an installer and had the boiler fitted and tested.
It took about six hours for one GS person.
Although the price could have been a couple hundred quid less, I didn't risk it and went for a more expensive company in the manufacturer's "master approved" list.
The boiler can extend proper smart-a** own controls with cylinder temp modulation and weather comp. I'll see how the winter goes and then calculate the payback of these controls (not cheap - about £200).
I am juggling with settings of the flow temp as I want to try to condense as much as I can (manually - without the extra control) but I will post this separately.

The boiler can extend proper smart-a** own controls with cylinder temp modulation and weather comp. I'll see how the winter goes and then calculate the payback of these controls (not cheap - about £200).

There are other benefits to be had I found, such as quieter operation, and more precise operation.

There are other benefits to be had I found, such as quieter operation, and more precise operation.
.. correct me if wrong but I read your post on 3rd party EEBus adapters for Vaillant .. I would be interested doing something similar as I'd like to better control my S-plan .. did you eventually fit / tested your EEBus controller?

Sponsored Links
.. correct me if wrong but I read your post on 3rd party EEBus adapters for Vaillant .. I would be interested doing something similar as I'd like to better control my S-plan .. did you eventually fit / tested your EEBus controller?

No, I haven't got around to doing anything yet..

The end user pays for the VAT regardless of who fits or buys something.
Anyone should know that.
Everyone in the middle is a tax collector.

Please share the gas consumption difference wrt your old boiler, if you can?
Yes but need say two weeks to clean numbers. HW only atm hence lots o variability for length of shower and cooking. Please remind me in three weeks if I haven’t posted yet..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back