Buy British

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you care of UK? You gagging to leave.
Can't you, just for once, keep the discussion on an non-personal level?
Why do you always have to revert to personal insult, or reduce the discussion down to personal comments?

Please try, just for once, to keep the discussion away from reducing it to personal comments.

Sponsored Links
I suspect it's been mentioned before, but the range in French supermarkets is, in terms of food miles, far less, again in terms of food miles, than that of a typical UK supermarket.
Invariably foodstuffs, especially vegetables, are sourced from France, Spain, Belgium, Germany, etc, rather than from thousands of miles away.
I find that in UK supermarkets, the reverse is true.
Maybe it's a 'climate and availability, situation. But I suspect there's more to it than that, and it's not just a customers' preference.

I'd much rather buy French apples than those from Chile but if they are going to make life hard for us we need to play the game.

And what's better than playing with the French if you want to see a reaction.

Maybe we need to just boycott French produce.

Can't you, just for once, keep the discussion on an non-personal level?
Why do you always have to revert to personal insult, or reduce the discussion down to personal comments?

Please try, just for once, to keep the discussion away from reducing it to personal comments.

Hey you, Bobby Dazzler, forum guardian of good manners. Search out the following posts and make the same remarks to this poster being as you’re so keen for others to keep things on a non-personal level. I can give you plenty more examples - if you’re really serious.....

"You on the other hand continue to confirm that you are a thicko..."

"And I'm not the thicko who has admitted he didn't choose the correct box to put his cross in..."

"Oh sorry, I shouldn't expect an answer from a 'complete idiot'..."

"Ah, the village idiot returns.."

"Mottie the Racist
Mottie the Homophobe
Mottie the Misogynist
Mottie the Complete ****..."

"Well you're definitely a **** who doesn't ever answer a question"

Last edited:
Maybe we need to just boycott French produce.
Why stop there?
Why not ignore all the laws of international economics, international politics, international legal systems, international military cooperation, etc.?
Or will you, not you personally but the UK as a whole, get to write the rules of this pseudo trade war, and you'll expect other countries to keep within your (unwritten) rules?
It's xenophobic fantasy. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Hey you, Bobby Dazzler, forum guardian of good manners. Search out the following posts and make the same remarks to this poster being as you’re so keen for others to keep things on a non-personal level. I can give you plenty more examples - if you’re really serious.....
I don't normally bear any grudges, and my comments was based purely on the behaviour I'd seen so far in this thread.
It was a reasonable sensible discussion until Durhamplumber reduced it to personal insults, which was totally irrelevant, added absolutely nothing to the discussion, and was not needed.
I certainly didn't, and wasn't going to scour the discussions to base my comment on what had been happening for the past many months.

If anyone wants these discussions to remain on the sensible, intelligent, reasonable level. we all have to play our part, and start somewhere, and avoid reducing the discussions to personal attacks and insults.
Of course, for those who don't wish to maintain the discussions at sensible, non-personal, reasonable levels, they're entitled, within the scope of the mods accommodation, to reduce the discussion to their personal vendettas.

Yeah, right. :rolleyes:. I’ll keep a keen watch on any threads you post in and will of course bring to your attention any such discretions for you to take up with the offending poster to deal with, should you miss them. (y)

Yeah, right. :rolleyes:. I’ll keep a keen watch on any threads you post in and will of course bring to your attention any such discretions for you to take up with the offending poster to deal with, should you miss them. (y)
Please do so, I invariably respond to insults and abuse, but I very rarely initiated such exchanges.

Please do so, I invariably respond to insults and abuse, but I very rarely initiated such exchanges.

:LOL::LOL: The irony :LOL:

not that transam gives a jot:cool:

Buy British but more importantly

If possible don't buy French ;)

Than there are the belgys dunno
Wat they flog tbh they are an insignificant country IMO

If it was not for Agatha Christie no one would have heard of em :LOL:

:LOL::LOL: The irony :LOL:
I can assure you transam that all, and every single one of my ripostes to you have been based on your xenophobic, even personal, nonsense.
When you stop, I'll stop.
I'm not expecting that any time soon, as scatophiliacs need help to stop leaving their little piles of nonsense.

If you say so. :rolleyes:
"There used to be an idiot on here who claimed that ants were really giraffes.
Oooh, look, he's still here".

"Are you applying for transam's village idiot role?"

"So he wasn't trolling then, he was just being his normal bigoted self."

I can assure you transam that all, and every single one of my ripostes to you have been based on your xenophobic, even personal, nonsense.
When you stop, I'll stop.
I'm not expecting that any time soon, as scatophiliacs need help to stop leaving their little piles of nonsense.

transam gives not a jot himmagin:cool::LOL:

If you say so. :rolleyes:
"There used to be an idiot on here who claimed that ants were really giraffes.
Oooh, look, he's still here".

"Are you applying for transam's village idiot role?"

"So he wasn't trolling then, he was just being his normal bigoted self."
Oh dear.
I did say that I invariably respond to insults and abuse.
So of course you will find many of these responses. But these examples are worthless in isolation, unless you post the preceding comments.
So post the whole discussion, not just my response in isolation. Otherwise your points are worthless.
A bit like grabbing an atom of oxygen out of the air and claiming that the air comprises mainly of oxygen.

If you can't post the whole exchange, then at least post the links so that others can validate the veracity of your comments.

transam gives not a jot himmagin:cool::LOL:
I'll take that as you are not intending to stop your typical xenophobic nonsense?
I'm content with that.
It illustrates a) your acceptance that your comments are xenophobic nonsense, and b) that you have no intention of stopping such xenophobic nonsense, and c) that you have no interest (or your motives are too strong) to want to stop your xenophobic nonsense.

I suspect it's been mentioned before, but the range in French supermarkets is, in terms of food miles, far less, again in terms of food miles, than that of a typical UK supermarket.
Invariably foodstuffs, especially vegetables, are sourced from France, Spain, Belgium, Germany, etc, rather than from thousands of miles away.
I find that in UK supermarkets, the reverse is true.
Maybe it's a 'climate and availability, situation. But I suspect there's more to it than that, and it's not just a customers' preference.

I don't know if it's true of just Brittany but the local towns there all seems to have morning markets...where they have fruit n veg stalls selling loads of fresh, local produce. I esp remember the huge bunches of fresh herbs, salad leaves etc.

I'll take that as you are not intending to stop your typical xenophobic nonsense?
I'm content with that.
It illustrates a) your acceptance that your comments are xenophobic nonsense, and b) that you have no intention of stopping such xenophobic nonsense, and c) that you have no interest (or your motives are too strong) to want to stop your xenophobic nonsense.

I live in a village so I don’t really under stand what u are on about tbh :confused::confused:

transam always applies high standards and never speaks with a forked tounge

and remember that old proverb himmagin

those who live in glass houses should not throw stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back