Buy British

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Where do I start?, high tariffs on agri products to protect French agriculture or closing borders to stop the legitimate export of vaccines. Really Notch?

Which agri products?

Let's see how EU tariffs compare to UK tariffs.

What do you want to compare? Lamb, beef.....

We used to house sit at a very nice property in Harare, the resident labrador sat under the avocado tree waiting for the fruit to drop and gobbled it up then spat out the stone

We used to house sit at a very nice property in Harare, the resident labrador sat under the avocado tree waiting for the fruit to drop and gobbled it up then spat out the stone

Not as clever as them Indonesian cat like things that shït it out... worth far more to the local economy.

Never the less very clever

Funnily enough we tend to mainly buy seasonally from the UK, but non seasonally from the EU as far as possible...

But then I guess you don't care about the food miles either?
I suspect it's been mentioned before, but the range in French supermarkets is, in terms of food miles, far less, again in terms of food miles, than that of a typical UK supermarket.
Invariably foodstuffs, especially vegetables, are sourced from France, Spain, Belgium, Germany, etc, rather than from thousands of miles away.
I find that in UK supermarkets, the reverse is true.
Maybe it's a 'climate and availability, situation. But I suspect there's more to it than that, and it's not just a customers' preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back