Buying a bullnose tresd/step

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Where can I buy a (cheap , as its being carpeted)wood l/h bullnose tread section? It only needs to be about 3' long x 3" deep , its for the top aof the stairway /landing floor ..Cheers

Sponsored Links
make it your self,
if its being carpeted then even if it isnt totally spot on who will know.

if you do not have a router it may take you a bit of time ,you can use a hand plane to get the basic bull nose shape the using glass paper smooth it down.

is the riser sticking up a bit requiring a slot in the tread??

you need to know the thickness off your treads the width and depth off the groove and the set back from the nosing

No time really to make it, but I will if I have to, Its really not worth me getting my router etc out as Im only in there to plaster & decorate ..Not sure about a slot until I pull it off.
Just had a word from my mate over the road( a joiner) says he might knock one up for £20 using the old un as a pattern ..Sorted. Thanks chaps :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back