Buying a new Telly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Does anyone know about these, or have one.

LED TV

The picture looked brilliant compared to other televisions.

The contrast is much higher than LCD or Plasma with black finally being black.
Well, it is a LOT better Eddie but whether it's up to Plasma level of 'blackness' I think is open to debate.

Anyway, trazor the LED is still an LCD panel. The difference is that the LCD is lit from behind by CCFL backlights (Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp). An LED screen is lit from behind by... well, 'LEDs'! Have a look at this link for more info mate... http://www.bigpicturebigsound.com/Samsung_s_LED_TVs_and_LCD_HDTVs.shtml

biggest problem with LCD is motion blur , so make sure you view the picture before buying , you also need to know if it a proper HD tv , HD ready does not always mean it will produce a full HD picture ,to be sure ,make sure it will produce a 1080i or 720p resolution or even better if you can get a 1080p resolution screen then thats the best resolution you can get , although you wont appreciate it unless you get a bluray player or PS3.
Stick to a brand you have heard of unless they offer a good warranty with it .
Some brands like panasonic will give you a good 5 yr warranty free if you look around.
Best buys are Pansonic Sony Toshiba , ones to avoid philips , hitachi , bush and anything cheap...they dont last and suffer problems out of the warranty period .

Totally agree with that HOGGY.
respect-055.gif

Oh, and to add, Pioneer are the best bar none and I wish I could afford one!

Sponsored Links
Totally agree with that HOGGY.
respect-055.gif

Oh, and to add, Pioneer are the best bar none and I wish I could afford one!

When you buy a TV though, you prob wont know who actually made the screen or components

eg, Pioneer buy their screens from Samsung and Panasonic

Toshiba dont make plasmas anymore and buy their LCD screens from other manufacturers

Quite a few dont even make plasmas anymore, most plasmas screens are now made by NEC and then sold to the likes of Toshiba, Sharp etc

Everybody is right in their own view, would a ten yr old see the same viewing quality as a 60 yr old, nah, doubt it, peoples eyes see different, the goose isn't always same as the gander

Yeah, got the top of the range sound system, to his ears, maybe brill, ask the old man. :LOL:

I'm not sure the Samsung is a true OLED telly if it is backlit, the whole point of an OLED telly is that it is not backlit! Obviously it depends on the source you read from but OLED contrast alledgedly 1000000:1 plasma around 5000:1 but as I say it depend upon your source. OLED vs Plasma vs LCD, bit like a HiFi / Fine Wine debate, you pays your money and you takes your choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back