Buying a Vice to fit existing mount bolts

t78

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,
in my garage a previous owner installed a nice wooden workbench and left mounting bolts for a vice - which I'd like to get.

having never even looked into buying one before I'm wondering how difficult it will be finding one to fit the existing mount bolts - or is there a standard pattern (please, please!).

otherwise I'll just have to measure the bolts and try to find one.

any help would be apreciated.

Sponsored Links
It's easy enough to drill wood but if you want to search for one put a time limit on your search ahead of time. Depending on how you value your time you might be able to buy a new workbench instead of finding this Holy Vise.

Btw,
vice  
/vīs/
Noun
Immoral or wicked behavior.

vise
/vīs/
Noun
A metal tool with movable jaws that are used to hold an object firmly in place while work is done on it, typically attached to a workbench.

and being from NJ (a good place to be from, as in, "I left. . .") I don't even speak proper English. :D

If its a steel vice, they usually have a standard 3 hole mount. But, if you put a piece of card (split Cornflake box) over the area you can run your finger around the edge of the holes to mark the card as a template. The fella in the shop will be well impressed, when you bull out the Cornflake box !!

Other cardboard boxes are available

• Thanks
Reactions: t78
Sponsored Links
If its a steel vice, they usually have a standard 3 hole mount. But, if you put a piece of card (split Cornflake box) over the area you can run your finger around the edge of the holes to mark the card as a template. The fella in the shop will be well impressed, when you bull out the Cornflake box !!

Other cardboard boxes are available
Yes. Much better to transfer measurements than to measure them yourself, plus the burden is on the seller to match it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back