Buying new at drivethedeal.com Whats what?

mnb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I 'm thinking of buying a new car from drivethedeal.com or a similar outfit. What kind of Q's particular to such transactions should i be asking of the deal.com people or the Franchised Dealer that they hand you over to?

Anyone have any experience or horror stories to offer?

How did you pay the deposit and main sum?

Were the immediate deliveries more or less immediate?

Sponsored Links
First question to ask is do I need my head examining to use this method to purchase a car. ;)

Buying new cars from brokers is common enough these days, and the new vehicle is supplied by a British main dealer so its of the required UK spec.
The thing to watch for is not to give any deposit - to any dealer - unless the car is in the showroom, and then its up to you.
I haven't bought a second hand car since 1975, and bought loads of new ones since. The dealer gets nowt from me until I appear to pick it up.
If you do go to a broker, you won't be able to test drive.....you'll get trade price for your old one (if they'll take it at all).....and finance offered won't necessarily be the best deal so shop around.
John :)

Sponsored Links
We've purchased our last two cars using this method. I forget the companies we used (different each time), but both were completely smooth hassle-free transactions. Both Ford Focuses, the first was 10 years ago and was a UK-spec import from Belgium, and the second was 6 years ago bought via a website (might have been DTD or Broadspeed) that came from a UK dealer somewhere up north.

Would definitely get the next new car like this too.

Back