Buying replacement wooden floorboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. We have recently bought a 1902 terrace house. There was a huge woodworm issue so we took all the floorboards up and threw them out. I want to end up with a bare floorboard finish, similar to what we took out.

What exactly am I looking for? Is it softwood or hardwood? Is it supposed to be expensive? I have looked at oak flooring but I am not sure if that is what we really need (at that cost too!).

I want to bring out the 'exposed' floors look. All of the joyce are in tact and I was thinking of replacing the old flooring with new of the same?

Help!

Sponsored Links
The flooring you removed was probably pine flooroards. Easy to replace and about a third of the cost of oak.

you must get your boards from your wood yard to not only get the lengths [up to 5m] but the thickness off 22mm and they wont all be warped lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back