Buying Site and Location Plans

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
location plan; allows the LPA to determine where your site is. 1:1250 to 1:2500
Downloading the title plan from the land registry and tracing over it will meet the requirement. Depends on whether you feel that doing so violates crown copyright

site plan: allows the LPA to determine how your site is laid out. 1:200 to 1:500
Site plan shows buildings, orientations, driveways, road accesses etc
Streetwise will sell you one for a tenner, or draw it yourself

Floor plans: To some degree planning don't really care about your floorplans once the basic questions of overlooking are dispensed with. On a recent application I had the bizarre edict from my LPA that every bedroom must have a view.. But floorplans can change as the build progresses. Planning's chief concern is over elevations

-

Read this: http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/uploads/1app/maps_plans_and_planning_apps.pdf

And also consider that, at 10 - 20 quid, the maps for your application are the smallest drop in the big ocean of your building project. Buy a map that looks like every other map the LPA want to see; it's one less headache they can give you and thus would be cheap at twice the price

in the end I used a plan I got from the water board and google maps, planners were happy and free :)

ive used land registry documents in the past. my local council seem to be ok with it

online pdf is £4 i think,print it and draw a red line around it if there isnt one there already

The whole business is a nonsense of course because as soon as a planning application is validated, the first thing the local authority does is attach their own site location plan to it. Ridiculous. These should be dispensed with and simple payment made to the Ordnance Survey for maintenance.

The whole business is a nonsense of course because as soon as a planning application is validated, the first thing the local authority does is attach their own site location plan to it. Ridiculous. These should be dispensed with and simple payment made to the Ordnance Survey for maintenance.
Really? I've never seen that once. :confused:

I've known some people look up recent planning applications in the vicinity and download the location plan from the 'list of documents,' though that's against copyright and I wouldn't recommend it

Well here's an example from Wandsworth's website.

http://bit.ly/1q6oB6n

You can see that they have a link to "View Site Plan".

Also, under "View Associated Documents.." they have uploaded a PDF copy of their own data. In this instance, they haven't even bothered to upload the plan that the applicant must have submitted for the application to be valid - although it's equally common to see two or three 'OS Extracts' under an application; usually the Land Registry Plan, the applicant's own OS plan, and the Local Authority's plan.

I think it's time that all aspects of document management associated with planning applications were simply handled through the Planning Portal - and the requirement for a Site Location Plan removed.

Have to agree with Nakajo here.
The demand by planning departments for 1:1250/1:2500 maps in this day and age is an outdated and superfluous little hoop an applicant has to jump through.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back