Buying Site and Location Plans

Fair enough, never seen that once on any app down this neck of the woods. Ever.

Anyway its maybe time the legislation was changed, not really the councils fault though.

Sponsored Links
Well, just to overly labour the point, here's an example from East Devon (presumably not too far from your neck of the woods). The letter head implies that this map was purchased from Promap by the Local Authority... http://bit.ly/12XqtVd

(Don't worry, I didn't spend hours looking for this; it really was on the first page I went to!)

It has the Local Authority's letter head (and licensing information relating to the Council) , so I doubt it.

Sponsored Links
No not convinced at all, may be their logo but its still just the document that the agent/client sent in with the application.

As far as I am aware Local Authorities do not sell Location Plans to applicants. This plan was obtained from the Ordnance Survey by East Devon through the medium of an agent (ProMap) under some form of bulk licence arrangment, hence the red writing explaining the council's licence terms.

Nah still not convinced in any way. I cannot explain that red disclosure but i remain unconvinced. Maybe find another example and I may think you are on to something. In all the years I've been doing Planning Apps I've never once seen a hard copy of a location plan uploaded to the councils planning site in addition to my own one.

If you're not interested in evidence, I don't see how producing more of it is going to help. It's either the applicants's fee or your Council Tax that pays for that map - so you might want to give them a ring!

You haven't provided any evidence. You have linked to site plan that has East Devon written on it, it doesn't mean it was submitted by the council. You can't find one example can you?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back