buying your first house - impossible!

Sponsored Links
deliberately left vacant

that's not what Tranny said either.

BTW, if you had a property that you had deliberately left vacant for, say, ten years, and the law changed to penalise such waste, would you (1) move into it (2) let it (3) sell it (4) deliberately ignore all warnings?

Look up "Centre Point" if you like.

You'll remember this attracted public interest after Kensington and Chelsea tried to ship survivors of Grenfell out of the borough, claiming there were no empty homes.

"The Who Owns England? blog, which submitted the FoI request, suggested that dozens of the vacant homes may have been empty for between 11 and 15 years and many had wealthy offshore owners who regarded them as investments rather than places to live."

"The Department for Communities and Local Government
regularly publishes statistics on vacant dwellings, broken down by local authority area. The latest figures for Kensington & Chelsea reveal there are 1,399 vacant dwellings in the borough, as of April 2017 – and the number hasn’t dropped below a thousand for over a decade"

https://whoownsengland.org/2017/06/18/where-are-the-empty-homes-in-kensington/

Perhaps a substantial tax would be an improvement. Some of the RWRs blame the housing shortage on foreigners. I wonder if they include billionaire gangsters and tax-dodgers.

A**e end does not do links, they would prove him to be a provider of fake news.

I am unable to respond way r bee as I have u on ignaw

Blimey don't u understand how it works it does what it says on the tin ;)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
how do you know that's the one Tranny meant?

When did you become his mouthpiece?

Yep that's the one I meant ;)

Plus I read something in the daily wail :LOL:

Incidentally did u know that the owner of the daily wail does not pay tax :eek:

Yep it's true

so you meant houses that had been deliberately left empty for years and years (but that's not what you said).

if you had a property that you had deliberately left vacant for, say, ten years, and the law changed to penalise such waste, would you (1) move into it (2) let it (3) sell it (4) deliberately ignore all warnings?

if you had a property that you had deliberately left vacant for, say, ten years, and the law changed to penalise such waste, would you (1) move into it (2) let it (3) sell it (4) deliberately ignore all warnings?

If done under (3), how does being compelled against one's will to sell, realistically differ from confiscation?

you mean, if you sell your house for a fair market price, can you pretend it was confiscated?

If you didn't want to part with it, you could live in it for a while, or pay a house-sitter. Why have you left it empty for ten years?

I believe there are parts of the country where "second homes" are discouraged, so that local people have more chance of finding a home.

so you meant houses that had been deliberately left empty for years and years (but that's not what you said).

well this is the UK not some commie run state (yet any way) u got a spare room ? corbyn may well force u to take in a homeless person , or a migrant

obviously he will pay u a fair rent for it :LOL: best u get down the council & volunteer to do your bit for society for ounce in your life :LOL::LOL:

If you didn't want to part with it, you could live in it for a while, or pay a house-sitter. Why have you left it empty for ten years?

If you've paid for it, you have some choice over what you do with it, do you not?

So people these days cannot afford their first home and jdumb parrots the line that we are richer now than ever before.
Most people I see with first homes are married couples and both have to work their socks off to pay for it.
Was it like that back in the sixties and seventies?
Hardly I reckon. Do children even see their mothers these days?
So which generation is richer?

Last edited:
jdumb parrots the line that we are richer now than ever before.

Oh roger you do talk nonsense.

Do you mean that there are still poor people?

The gap between rich and poor has never been wider.

I wonder if you are calling for a redistribution of wealth?

The cost of housing, as a proportion of total income, can be very high for people who are not rich.

I wonder if you are calling for the cost of housing to be controlled?

However, the country, as a whole, is richer than it was forty, fifty or sixty years ago.

Sponsored Links
Back