Buzzer for Videx 3011 entry phone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I was wondering if anyone can help, I've been battling with my Videx entryphome system for months now and have some of it working, I'm a joiner by trade and not very close up on electrics as you can probably tell. It was not a like for like handset replacement so I improvised but the buzzer is not working despite trying a few different combinations and wondering if anyone can help?

Thanks
IMG_20190720_162922.jpg

Sponsored Links
When you say it’s wasnt a like for like replacement ....what did you have before ?

It was a Videx but an old model with a completely different layout. I made a conscientious guess with the wiring, it's an old tenement I am in and the speaker seems to work, the lock release the reciever seem to work but not sure if that is just luck?

Did the old one have a buzzer ? Or was it tone generated via the handset or internal speaker ...

Sponsored Links
Yeah it had a buzzer also and was working fine, was similar to the new one as I thought it would be like for like just upgraded but thought wrong I suppose.

I woul normally look on intercoms r us website for replacement for old handset ....some systems don’t support electronic call ....

The manual for the replacement does state it accepts electronicronic calls, I just thought I'd ask the question but may need to get an electrician in to wire it it think

The handset does ....but the system ....maybe not ..as some use 12ac for buzzer , some use dc for the call, you may end up having to fit the correct handset for the existing system

Hi 3george, it is a big help thanks for that, I am still struggling though as I'd imagine an electrician would look at that and know exactly where each wire goes but I would need to find out what each number meant off the main unit (or what colour that wire would be) so I'd know where it goes in the handset, I'll keep trying though

I don’t think it has sunk in...it’s not going TO WORK if your system only supports buzzer ( AC ) call .....

There is a UK support number on the PDF link I sent / why not give them a call and confirm compatibility.

Also search ' videx ' on ebay produces other handsets which may be a better fit.

Thanks 3george, yeah that link is the one I have purchased and just upgraded the older model. I have taken a couple of pictures of the entry system itself, not sure if it will help but thought I would give it one more go as seems a shame to have to get an old handset just because the buzzer is the only thing not working
IMG_20190724_184445.jpg
IMG_20190724_184447.jpg
IMG_20190724_184440.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back