Bypass question

There is generally no pump overrun on oil boilers (except combis) pump stops, boiler stops. The residual heat should not send boiler to high limit unless fault on appliance or system - see MI's. Check control stat phial is properly in it's pocket.

Sponsored Links
Nixt said:
There is generally no pump overrun on oil boilers (except combis) pump stops, boiler stops. The residual heat should not send boiler to high limit unless fault on appliance or system - see MI's. Check control stat phial is properly in it's pocket.

Hi Nixt

Thanks for your reply but I think I've reached the limit of my limited knowledge. Looking at an exploded parts diagram ofthe burner I can't see what you mean. And having done a visual on the boiler, the thermostat connection is a coiled piece of wire that's sitting in the top of the boiler. Is this what you meant? If so, it's in place.

How do you set the manual bypass? Fully in and a turn out or is there a more accurate way, like measuring temps of boiler input/output? Just curious, as Ive convinced myself this is most of the problem.

Sorry for being dumb...

As was said earlier it depends on your system config but, in the main, with most combis where the bypass is fitted in the CH system between flow and return (not internal to the boiler) if there is at least one radiator permanently open i.e. no TRV's and both lockshields open sufficiently to maintain minimum recommended flow from the boiler you do not need an additional bypass FROM A TECHNICAL PERSPECTIVE.

It's always a good idea to have an automatic one though in case some numpty (or new house owner etc) closes the lockshields on the radiator, fits TRV's or removes it completely ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back