C/H Pump over tightened screw?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any help with this one greatfully received. On my c/h h/w pump I stupidly unscrewed the large crome screw on the back end of the pump a little water leaked out, at which point I retightened the screw- now I am concerned I have over tighted it, is this possible??? should it be done as tight as possible or should it be only tightened until the water stops leaking?? What are the effects of over tighting this screw??? Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Macca1977 said:
Any help with this one greatfully received. On my c/h h/w pump I stupidly unscrewed the large crome screw on the back end of the pump a little water leaked out, at which point I retightened the screw- now I am concerned I have over tighted it, is this possible???!
No.
Macca1977 said:
should it be done as tight as possible or should it be only tightened until the water stops leaking??
A tweak tighter then when the water stops
Macca1977 said:
What are the effects of over tighting this screw??? Thanks in advance!
It'll be hard to get it out again.

Sorry for my lack of understanding but what is AFIK ??? Does that mean I can tighten it as much as I like?? Thanks

Sponsored Links
excellent thank you both for your knowledge, if you can help me with my other post ref the noise and shuddering from the pump and from the boiler after it has be running for 5 mins I would be most greatful! Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back