C&K Securit 700L, Keypad removal question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently doing a bit of decorating and the keypad is looking a little discoloured. Considering the wall around the keypad is going to be bright white I'm looking to give the Keypad housing a little TLC and remove the plastic casings to touch up. Vain I know but cannot afford a new system at the moment and want to avoid trying to source a new Keypad if it can be helped.

I've had the front casing off the keypad before for a different issue. From what I remember the PCB is mounted to the front casing? I know it set the tamper alarm going when I popped the front off, I reset it with the code but every time i nudged the bugger off it went again! Is that normal? Anyway to disable the tamper temporarily while I'm tinkering?

Is it safe to take off the front casing and simply remove PCB mounting screws leaving all wired up and dangling while the casing gets a spray job?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Your not going to get a new keypad as they haven’t made them for about 10 years, best bet remove front switch off then remove pcb from case

I didn't think so. I imagine it was installed in the property when it was built and has not touched since!

When you say 'switch off' you referring to the internal bell from triggering tamper switch? Or do you mean disconnecting power?

Am I right in thinking its only 12V going to this keypad? @sparkymarka

Yes as-long as you don’t catch the tamper switch at the back it won’t go off again
Are you just wanting to paint the front or the back plate as well ?

Sponsored Links
Admittedly it was the middle of the night last time I had the faceplate off so I couldn't see the switch which i must have kept catching.

Random tamper issue led to the internal bell going off and thought i was being broken into :eek:
Touch wood hasn't happened since. Any tips on what the switch looks like?

I was thinking of painting both if possible. I imagined the backplate just to be screwed to the wall or am I being an optimist? Could always spray this in situ as i only need to catch the edges.

45D76D4A-183A-49E8-9070-21A228042ABC.jpeg E85D3A5F-B4AE-4F5A-9CDA-943B52875A19.jpeg
I would snip off the wires and remove backplate to spray , snip off the two tamper wires first then you can’t set the tamper off again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back