C&K 800 advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey there

I hope this isn't a silly question. But we appear to have a C&K 800 installed in the house we are in. I went to close the flap on the front to cover the keypad and it fell off, tried to clip it back on and front half of the keypad popped off. The internal tamper alarm went off, which I was able to turn off by using the pin. But since fitting the keypad back in place, the alarm won't arm.

Totally out of my field of expertise here and would appreciate any help I can get.

Sponsored Links
Make sure the keypad front is on the back plate correctly
If the keypad is not on correctly you will still have a tamper fault and the alarm will not reset

Enter code and press # to reset
If you still have tamper light lit then keypad front not on right
Should clip into slot on right hand side

Mains, Day and 24hr remain lit. Try to arm it and it just does a funny beeping and doesn't arm. The panel isn't fully on down the right side. I didn't want to mess with it, as I saw what happened when I tried putting the front cover back on :p

So your saying I should remove the panel again, it'll beep at me again no doubt. Enter my pin to shut it up and then fix the facia back on properly, yes?

Sponsored Links
Correct
Behind the lid is a little Spring which is the tamper switch
If the spring is not pressing on the back plate then you will have a tamper fault
Pressing code then the # should reset the panel if no other faults

After I put the fascia back in place, did try resetting it. But still didn't want to arm. I'll take it off again and give it another shot.

If you take keypad front off and hold Spring microswitch in with finger
Try to reset panel with Spring held in
If resets ok and you can arm then fault with micro switch ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back