c max rear brakes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive just changed the rear brake pads on my 2.0l diesel c max after only 20000 miles.the discs were hardly worn but the pads were down to the metal.
when fitting the new pads i pushed the pistons back,i have since been told they should have been wound back with a special tool.would pushing them back likely to have caused any damage?
ive changed pads on my last focus the same way and they were o.k.
the car is still under warranty,i was investigating a grinding noise from the rear and thought the brakes may have needed cleaning .i had to take the wheels off and the callipers to check them properly thats when i noticed the pads were worn right down.so i decided to change them there and then rather than put them back together and take it to a garage.i never expected the pads to be worn after such a low mileage.

Sponsored Links
No, you are unlikley to have damaged them. Do you have big open style alloys fitted? brakes get a lot more dirt chucked at them if you have alloys and do wear out quicker. Also, make sure you remember to put the handbrake off before you start driving. (you may also have a sticking hand brake cable, which is keeping the pads pressed onto the discs.

Sponsored Links
Back