C plan to Y plan Heating

Easiest way would be to combine cold feed to existing expansion and fit a zone valve and pump to cyl return near boiler.
But that would only give the OP a C Plan: he wants the current system changed to a Y Plan.

Sponsored Links
Would this work?
New.jpg

Would this work?
New.jpg

No it would pump over !! The cold feed and vent need to be on the suction side of pump. The vent should have an unimpeded path from boiler.

Easiest way is an S plan with 2 pumps as I said previously.

Sponsored Links
The amended Y Plan diagram is nearly right. Just take the vent from your capped off pipe on the boiler, not from the cylinder flow. You need a manual air vent there.

The amended Y Plan diagram is nearly right. Just take the vent from your capped off pipe on the boiler, not from the cylinder flow. You need a manual air vent there.

RTFB..... I guess this is what you mean.... seems the easiest solution
central-heating-level-3-8-728.jpg

I expect he will need a multimeter to check for correct operation of the "Y" plan controls.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back