C word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why is it everything a man hate is described with a C word. Yet the same man will not be able to resist item C when he sees it/ is close to one/ or sees a skirt round it?

Sponsored Links
DP said:
Why is it everything a man hate is described with a C word. Yet the same man will not be able to resist item C when he sees it/ is close to one/ or sees a skirt round it?

How about you fight like hell to get out of one and spend the rest of your life trying to get back in.

DP said:

Thats men for you!! ;) ...........god bless 'em! :LOL: .........us girls would be lost without them.....especially when it comes to DIY!!!! ;) :LOL: :LOL:
I don't like hearing people say it but I guess it just shows how adaptable the 'C' word is!!! :LOL: :LOL:

the "c" word used in normal conversation sounds very pointless boaring and can be offencive

but used in the right context can be extremly descriptive and even funny
if a person chops there hand off by mistake "C"shows righfull surprise at being such a silly ------- for doing it :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

if someone steals from you well they are a---------- :evil: :evil:
and if somone is being superior [or thinks they are]they are the biggest brain dead ----- in the world :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Sponsored Links
Same with the F word Julie - how many different things can that describe?

I really cannot say you are being a clever car.

Why is it that C words are bad for your health?

Crisps, Chocolate, Chips, Cakes, Cream, Curry,........ :( :(

The "C" word is the one swear word that we are not allowed to use in our house {the wife makes the rules} but there is another one with "C" thats banned "Cute" which is quite handy if you really won't to swear "you cute C***" funny ol world :D

I think it is an awful word, but that is social conditioning for you.

Unfortunately, the F-word has lost it's pizzazz now that many people feel the need to punctuate every f-ing sentence with the f-ing word... see what I mean?

And why have words like "barsteward", "female canine", "cr*p" become acceptable before the watershed? Perhaps those words aren't as offensive in the US so it has come over on American TV programmes? Still, you would think that if they intend to export a programme they would check the content of the language, or the channel that is screening the programme would put it on later.

I've only heard the C-word in 2 films that I can remember, and one of those was an arty film (not that type!), where it was said in isolation purely for shock value.

Why are women allowed to refer to it as the c-word when they are talking dirty, but saying "Come on, giz a go on your c***" is usually met with a slap? :eek:

Language changes and evolves all the time, I'm sure that the more a word is used the more diluted it's effect will be. I suspect my kids use words at primary school that I had never heard of at that age. I remember reading that a couple of hundred years ago the word 'bloody' was quite shocking as a swear word.

I thought bloody was still thought of as fairly cheeky in the 70s. You certainnly wouldn't hear it on Last of the Summer Wine.

Regarding the C-word though, it is strange how it is so shocking for itself, not for what it refers to. Words like fanny, tuppence, twinkle or lady garden don't raise an eyebrow. Honey and Berk both come from slang for lady bits too (Honeypot and Berkshire Hunt respectively) and they're both seen as quite affectionate terms these days.

(Actually - now I've seen this on screen, obviously the word that begins with f and rhymes with granny does raise an eyebrow.....)

Ah, sweet memories of the lovely Mrs Craddock...

Why wasn't her hubby called Willy?

Mind you, Johnny was bad enough... :LOL:

Once upon a time it was just a name the fgranny word, i wonder if any children are still named that way these days? bound to be some sadistic parents out there like the geldof's.

All these words that some may find offensive I have been heard been used in all kinds of places.
When I eas doing an electronics course in college, one of our lecturers was looking at a past exam multiple choice paper, one question was asking what the component in the circuit diagram was, one of the four possible answers was shunt. A lad who often used offensive language himself said 'shunt' when asked by the lecturer what the answer was and was told by the lecturer 'if you think it's a shunt you'r a c**t!' (of course in a joking kind of way though but against the college rules)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back