Cabinet stays

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive got some rubbish cabinet stays on my top opening kitchen cupboards. They dont hold the doors up, ive got to keep tightening them up. Im thinking of changing them to pneumatic ones. My doors are 900 x 350, would I need a stay at each side or would I get a way with one? Also, while looking online I see they come in various newtons, ie 80N. Can anyone reccomend what size to get?

Many thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
What the "mass" of the doors in kg at the connection point? Multiply this by 9.8 and you;ll get the number of newtons

I had exactly the same problem with some Ikea top hung units, and Issaclord.co.uk came up with Piston stay /gas lid stays in their cabinet fittings section.
I bought the heavier gauge ones, on the assumption that if one wasn't strong enough, then two would be.
The part number is 15114500.
John :)

Thanks for your help, my next question is do I get one stay or two? At the moment my cabinets (4 in total) just have one per door.

Sponsored Links
That was my quandry too, so I bought 4, and tried a door with only one stay.
That wasn't enough, so I fitted a stay at both ends, and ordered some more!
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back