Cable for storage heaters

When it comes to electrics i have not got a clue, but i wanted to just fit new cable on them as they were perished and to short, then i was going to get an electrican to fit them for me i thought if i did this bit myself i could keep the cost down.

Sponsored Links
You're still saying "too short". How long are they? I know I said at the start that they can't be, but I've just realised (sorry :oops: ) that as you've been given them, they could have been removed from somewhere else by the simple means of just cutting the flex - you may only have a few inches.

But as for saving money - is your property is already wired for NSHs, and does it still has the outlets present?

If it isn't, and if you don't have an off-peak supply, then you're going to have to get that organised, and you're going to have to get an electrician to install 2 new circuits, which may mean a new or additional CU, timers, etc, may involve lifting floorboards, chasing walls etc.

I'd be surprised if you fitting a couple of short lengths of flex would make any difference to the price....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back