cable required for Electrical hook ups

BS7671 actually states that cables cannot be buried under where tents or caravans are likely to be pitched.

Sponsored Links
You aren't going to be doing this yourself, so why are you so fixated on the cable which you will need?

I am not fixated I am trying to get an accurate costing, If you do not know then you should just say, I did not realise it was a secret !
I have got a price for the ducting, hook ups, concrete etc but have no idea of cable prices for what type of cable !!
I thought a forum was all about asking questions and getting HELP from people in the know who KNOW…
It has nothing to do with who is going to do the work, I am not an electrician so I will not do the work an Electrician will

If this goes ahead the cable will run along the outer perimeter no where near the pegs can go
Can any one help with the cable ??

thanks

You can get an idea from here. ( google works )

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Cable_Index/Armoured_SWA/index.html

There are other suppliers, some more expensive, some less expensive.

Do not forget there are requirements to supply TWO water supplies, one for drinking water and one at the chemical toilet emptying location. You may need to provide lighting at these locations as well.

The cable type will almost certainly be SWA. The size can vary hugely depending on how long the runs are and where they are fed from.

Sponsored Links
You aren't going to be doing this yourself, so why are you so fixated on the cable which you will need?

I am not fixated I am trying to get an accurate costing, If you do not know then you should just say, I did not realise it was a secret !
I have got a price for the ducting, hook ups, concrete etc but have no idea of cable prices for what type of cable !!
I thought a forum was all about asking questions and getting HELP from people in the know who KNOW…

That's our Bas. A nice friendly chap always happy to help :LOL:

Ah, but the point here is we don't KNOW when it comes to cable size for a job like this, we have to CALCULATE it. To calculate it requires details of run lengths, installation methods, protection devices etc. and as such really needs a site survey and a proper design process. It's not that we're keeping some massive secret, it's just that this sort of calculation can't be done properly without all the details.

Ah, but the point here is we don't KNOW when it comes to cable size for a job like this, we have to CALCULATE it. To calculate it requires details of run lengths, installation methods, protection devices etc. and as such really needs a site survey and a proper design process. It's not that we're keeping some massive secret, it's just that this sort of calculation can't be done properly without all the details.
Exactly

Run lenght (each run, if several of diffrent cable types)
Location of submain boxes, earthing point, etc
How its run (clip to wall, in the ground, in ducting, etc)
How many are run together
Cable load (can all supply 16amp, together)
XPLE or PVC (assuming swa)

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/Charts/VoltageDrop.html
or if you really want
http://myelectrical.com/tools/cable-sizing-calculator

Daniel

That's our Bas. A nice friendly chap always happy to help :LOL:
Go on then, SF, you help him.

You tell him exactly what cable he needs so that he can price it up, as you seem so convinced that his electrician doesn't need to have any input to that.

SaladFingers doesn't think so.

Well you seemed less than impressed with my suggestion that the OP leave cable selection to his electrician, so I look forward to you doing that bit of the design for him.

Will you be signing his EIC?

Well you seemed less than impressed with my suggestion that the OP leave cable selection to his electrician, so I look forward to you doing that bit of the design for him.

Will you be signing his EIC?

Not less than impressed at the suggestion.

It's just how you come across to people. Sometimes, Bas, you're not very friendly.

What's unfriendly about

"You aren't going to be doing this yourself, so why are you so fixated on the cable which you will need?"

?

Feel free to be perfectly rational when you explain.

What's unfriendly about

"You aren't going to be doing this yourself, so why are you so fixated on the cable which you will need?"

?

Feel free to be perfectly rational when you explain.

Because you know perfectly well people are scared into asking advice, saying 'I'm not doing it, but want to know'.

I don't care if someone is going to do it themselves, just ask, don't ask about someone else doing it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back