220-240V 50-60Hz

Cooking Zones / Nominal Power (maximum heat setting) [W] / Power Function [W]
left front / 2300 / 3700
left rear / 1800 / 2800
right front / 1400 / 2500
right rear / 1800 / 2800

The hob is situated approx within 3m distance of the RCD board

The doc also mentions :

Connection Cable - "For a single phase ot two phase connection, use the cable type H05BB-F or H03V2V2-F which withstands a temperature of 70c or higher"

Can anyone confirm for me please :
  1. The correct fuse rating required on the board
  2. What thickness supply cable needs to be run from the board to the hob
  3. Is a separate connection cable actually required, or can the grey supply cable be hardwired to the hob, assuming there is enough spare
TIA

Sponsored Links
1. 32 amp.
2. 4mm
3. Ask your sparks for advice on this.

In fact he would be the best one to advise on all of this.

Sean - re electrician, this is a new circuit, so in England and Wales it is notifiable work - either you
  1. use an electrician who is registered to self-certify Building Regulations compliance, or
  2. before you start you engage the services of a registered 3rd-party certifier, or
  3. before you start you apply for Building Regulations approval

Thanks for the replies

Yes I have engaged a spark and he will be supplying the necessary paperwork as well as doing the work

My questions were more born from the point of view of wanting to educate myself and understand truly if a manufacturer says to use a specific cable, is it truly necessary

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
My questions were more born from the point of view of wanting to educate myself and know that if i ask the question about the special connection cable as mentioned in the AEG instructions, that i wont get fobbed off for the ease of getting the job done

If you don't trust your electrician, which appears to be the case, you should find another you can trust.

For information manufacturers instructions are guidance only and don't have to be strictly followed. In some cases they are even wrong.

Probably they mean that the cable should not be rated at less than 70°C

Maybe it’s too difficult to specify that.

Hmmm.

If they had said "use a cable type which withstands a temperature of 70c or higher" I'd agree.

But they didn't - they said "use the cable type H05BB-F or H03V2V2-F which withstands a temperature of 70c or higher".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back