Cable Tacker for corners

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know of a cable tacker suitable for telephone and alarm cables which will enable me to put the cable in to the corner where two walls meet at 90degres.
I have seen many alarm motion sensors placed at the top of the wall near the celling where the wire runs down to the floor. I can’t seem to find a staple/cable tacker gun that will do this as they all seem to be flat at the base. Called up fixing guns.co.uk & Tacwise (both have a massive range of fixing guns) and they said they don’t do one. 
Is there a device out there or a special technique to be able to do this??

Sponsored Links
I would have thought it be technique.

you straddle the cable with the gun and fire into the wall.

I prefer to hide all my cables if i can, does mean extra work though.

keep the nose of the tacker on the cable and lift the bottom off the wall by about 20 degrees. gets the nose right in. if they still don't take, the staples aren't long enough or the wall isn't suitable for them.

Neater alternative, with no risk of damage, is to use blobs of glue from hot glue gun then as it cools will hold cable.

Sponsored Links
You dont staple to plaster or mortar. End of.

Fair does to you if you have a giant house made of wood though.

I'd rather run the cable down from the ceiling... Try and run the cable up somewhere else like in a cupboard or in a drywall and then drop it down. I'd be inclined to use mini-trunking up a corner.

My Rapid Cableline cable tacker works in corners but, as already mentioned, it's rubbish into plaster. (R28 or R36...)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back