Cable to old Satellite dish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

First time posting, but long time lurker and picked up lots of great advice. :)

I’ve recently bought a 2nd floor flat where there’s been loads of different phone, satellite and internet suppliers over the years, so lots of (now) unnecessary wires. A coxial cable runs through my bedroom wall to an unused rusty satellite dish and the cable is quite securely attached with a sealant outside so I can’t push the cable through. Am I okay to cut back the cable and filler over it? The cable is “dead” and it’s impractical to get someone in to look at something 3 stories high? Just wondered if there’s any advice or alternative suggestions.

Cheers
Chris

Sponsored Links
I wouldn’t. I’d connect a satellite receiver to it and see what I could receive.
Possibly terminate the cable with an: ae235.jpeg
So the options there in the future?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice both! :)

I cut pack the cable so far that its “inside” the external wall and will filler over it. I’m not likely to use the dish and live in an area with good fibre internet so I stream from that, so decided against the socket (that and I’d cut it before seeing that reply!)

The obsessive in me wishes I could cleanly push through the wires and remove the dish too but it’s not worth the hassle.

Thanks again!

you might be able to push it deeper in to the hole with something like the blunt end of a pencil to then allow a covering of filler

If the hole isnt much larger than the cable it would be posible to drill part of it out to give a deeper fill, it may even push it further back a little even if it didn't remove some

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back