cables in stud walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Sorry for another question but; I know you can only run cables to and from a fitting, or within a close distance ot the edge of a wall under the plaster on a block wall, but what about within a stud wall? I need to run cables up thru a stud wall that do not go to a fitting in the wall, do I have to take them to a timber near a light switch elsewhere in the wall, or can I just run them straight up the side of any of the studowork timbers?

It needs to be by the book as the work is to be inspected by building control.

Thanks,

Anthony

Sponsored Links
Have a look at the on site wiki.

fetch.php

Great, looks like it will be ok as in the middle of the the studwork its just a fraction over 50mm inside from the outer surface of the wall.

Thanks!

Ants

Hi,

I need to run cables up thru a stud wall that do not go to a fitting in the wall, do I have to take them to a timber near a light switch elsewhere in the wall, or can I just run them straight up the side of any of the studowork timbers?

So it has to run in the >150mm area of the corner or behind a fitting- no where else !!

Sponsored Links
the wiki states that it can run anywhere if buried 50mm below wall surface which it is at teh centre of the studwork.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back