Cables split in error!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Channelling out the wall for a new cable in the kitchen I hit and damaged the existing, have made a temporary repair but can anyone suggest a solution rather that fitting a juction box or running a replacement cable.
I am hoping that there is a connector I could use that would be hidden within the conduit?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
You could crimp joint the cable otherwise a new run will be necessary.

A good quality ratchet crimper is required for a good electrical connection and the correct crimps are needed for the cable size you are joining.

Red 1.0mm-1.5mm².
Blue 2.5mm²
Yellow 4.0mm-6.0mm².

Remember that the earth conductor is smaller that the phase and neutral. I.e you'd use a blue crimp for the phase and neutral conductors of 2.5mm² t&e but you'd use a red crimp for the earth conductor.

Sponsored Links
davy_owen_88 said:
A good quality ratchet crimper is required for a good electrical connection and the correct crimps are needed for the cable size you are joining.

Red 1.0mm-1.5mm².
Blue 2.5mm²
Yellow 4.0mm-6.0mm².

Remember that the earth conductor is smaller that the phase and neutral. I.e you'd use a blue crimp for the phase and neutral conductors of 2.5mm² t&e but you'd use a red crimp for the earth conductor.

thanks - next time I'll take it slower!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back