Cables to prepare for new TV and mounting

Its been this way for years,certainly as far back as the days of VHS and Betamax VCRs.
My experiance is that while it was the case on things like VCRs, cable boxes etc for years, it only became a thing for wall points with the introduction of multi-socket TV/FM/SAT plates.

Sponsored Links
"
By the way, does connecting many adaptors together cause a reduction in quality? As I will be using about 2 adaptors in the TV connection!"

providing the adapters make good electrical connection then no and even then some rf signals can "jump" gaps

My experiance is that while it was the case on things like VCRs, cable boxes etc for years, it only became a thing for wall points with the introduction of multi-socket TV/FM/SAT plates.

Yep, I'd go with that.

In addition, single socket "TV point" outlet plates have a female rather than a male. I know too of the cheap contract plates with an In and an Out where both sockets are female. How's that for confusing!?! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Fortunately it looks like @Rony28 has something better quality; some sort of triplex plate with a return socket, so a male for the Output and a female for the Input as per a VCR/PVR is the way it's generally done. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back