Cabling in plastic trunking?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya guys, down in the depths of my cellar, where all the cables run to the pre neolithic era CU al the cables are currently clipped (using the old metal bendy clips) to lengths of wood attached to the roof.
Well, thats where there is a bit of wood, the rest of the time they are just going places. All unprotected.

While doing the other work I want to move them into some of the white 100mmx50mm rectangular trunking, a length of approx 4 metres.

The trunking will be on its side (100mm up/down).

Can I just put them in there or should I make little supports to allow a couple of tiers of cable?

Should I de rate the cables for this length (and by how much)?

And any suggestions on how to join 2 bits together smoothly?

Cheers.
Matty

Sponsored Links
Mattylad

Cable calcs, refere to the regs etc

How many cables, types, length of runs etc

As for nice joind for trunking you can buy pretty clips that you push over to hide your ends and bad sawing ;)

a sneaky trick to cover the join in trunkingh is to cut say 3cm of lid off one bit, so the lid for the next bit goes over the join.

the 3 cm you cut off goes at the other end

Sponsored Links
I would refer to the regs, unfortunately even though electrical work is required to be to BS7671, it is not a publicly viewable document :(

(or in other words, I aint buying it lol).

There will probably be about 10 x 2.5mm t/e & 4 x 1.5mm t/e & 2 x 6mm t/e
and a few additional earth cables.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back