CALL CENTRE SCAMS!!!!

B

B.O.B DOLE

These call centre scams are they legal, Beeline solution offering work all over the country they are from scotland they advertise in are local papers and yellow pages as breakdown & repair gas engineers they charge £69 hour then they advertise in the local job centres for gas engineers they then offer them 40% of the hourly rate. AND THEY REQUIRE the engineer TO have is own van, own corgi ,own insurance he might has well go and advertise him self instead of these big corprates ripping people off, this kind of corruption should be stopped
this kind of practise puts honest gas engineers out of work
HENCE B.O.B DOLE

Sponsored Links
Well if there is no response to the adds, then the advertiser has wasted his ££ if there are replies, then I think they are enterprising, minimal overheads & getting easy money. What is the problem.

Edit
Strange lots of views on this one, but knowone wanted to add. Im behind the sofa

So the engineer has a choice; go out and find his own work or let this company find work for him and get paid £28/hr. Can't see what the problem is here, no-one is forcing him to work for this company.

The greed of some self employed people beggars belief!
They are supplying a service which frees the person to work on the jobs instead of having to spend time finding work and for producing the contacts they charge a fee as such, what's wrong with that? you'd expect to pay commision to a broker for getting you the best deal with car insurance wouldn't you? some want it all for nothing!
how about using some of the hugely inflated revenue from numerous invoices and tax avoidance to pay the service charge!

Sponsored Links
petewood said:
So the engineer has a choice; go out and find his own work or let this company find work for him and get paid £28/hr. Can't see what the problem is here, no-one is forcing him to work for this company.
yes but out of that 28 ponds comes all the usual expenses CORGI FEES
LIABILITY INSURANCE, ACS EVERY 5 YEARS, HOLIDAY PAY , PENSION, VAN LEASE , PETROL, VAN ROAD TAX , MOT, VAN INSURANCE, MATERIALS FOR JOBS, TOOLS, ..............TAX. 18% NATIONAL INSURANCE. and all this out of the £28 and then you need a wage
can you now see my problem.

Are people being forced to do this work? You make it sound as though they are.

B.O.B DOLE said:
yes but out of that 28 ponds comes all the usual expenses CORGI FEES
LIABILITY INSURANCE, ACS EVERY 5 YEARS, HOLIDAY PAY , PENSION, VAN LEASE , PETROL, VAN ROAD TAX , MOT, VAN INSURANCE, MATERIALS FOR JOBS, TOOLS, ..............TAX. 18% NATIONAL INSURANCE. and all this out of the £28 and then you need a wage
can you now see my problem.

Point taken, I know all about overheads. Has anyone ever tried to work out what all this lot comes to?

But the fact still remains that you are being offered this work but you don't have to accept it. I doubt whether a scheme like this have much effect a good tradesman who has a good word-of-mouth reputation.

Christsakes we're talking £28 per hour here, not a week!! What's he driving to the jobs a Rolls Royce??

What does he think a decent wage for the job he does should be then? £40, £50 an hour? and then they wonder why people moan about tradesmen and how they rip off customers! :rolleyes: no wonder there are so many DIY'ers out there.

£28 an hour is £58k a year. :eek:
All overheads - CORGI etc can be claimed off your tax allowance, so they don't have such high true cost..

Equivilent to an all paid in salary above the £35k a year.

Now, I can see you don't like a business getting the 60%..., but I wouldn't say that this is absolutely beyond belief!

In fact, its quite a bargain.

mail2neil said:
£28 an hour is £58k a year. :eek:
All overheads - CORGI etc can be claimed off your tax allowance, so they don't have such high true cost..

Equivilent to an all paid in salary above the £35k a year.

This all assumes that you have work 100% of the time, but even so, if these companies are winning business at £69/hr, B.O.B should be able to charge, lets say, £50 an hour and make an absolute killing.

If they are winning this business solely on the back of a good advert in the Yellow Pages, then maybe you should get one too......

mail2neil said:
£28 an hour is £58k a year. .

Only if you do 40 WORKING hours per week, 52 weeks per year. No holidays, no sickness, etc.

If you factor in 5 wks holiday & sickness, 1hr travelling (unpaid) per 8hr working day, then you are down to £46k.

I can work out the other overheads but as I don't run a company vehicle can someone tell me how much it costs to run a van?

Only £46k, you have to feel sorry for the poor souls.

petewood said:
I can work out the other overheads but as I don't run a company vehicle can someone tell me how much it costs to run a van?

Costs of buying (depreciation per year to be precise) or hire/purchase lease, MOT, Road Tax, repairs, spare parts, diesel etc. Anything I forgot? Oh yes, congestion charge
:D

all of which can be offset against tax and all vat claimed back.

Sponsored Links
Back