CALL CENTRE SCAMS!!!!

kendor said:
Only £46k, you have to feel sorry for the poor souls.

A few quick estimations here:

Insurance £800, Accountant £500, Van running costs £4000, corgi fees £500? Tools £300. Can't think of anything else offhand, so £46k becomes £40k.

Bob Dole why is this such a bad deal?

Sponsored Links
Yes, that's right Thermo, but turnover minus costs (all costs for running your SE company) = profit, Then the tax man comes along and you pay your tax over that profit, hoping it will leave enough to have a normall 'wages'

B.O.B DOLE

I totally agree with you , I gave up on gaswork/corgi/acs Bullshot years ago ,the thing is alot of replies are from the snidey office junior/IT guy who cannot get on a plumb course at his local poly ,an is just jealous,lol..lol

A lot of my mates who still trade in manchester as Gorgi Regd Firms are always bothered by these agency firms asking/begging for them to work for them as firms for them ,
the pitfalls of agency work as you mentioned
AND THEY REQUIRE the engineer TO have is own van, own corgi ,own insurance

+NO JOB security
no holiday pay
fixed rates an TIMES for each job , so many jobs needing to be done in a shift ,

(at least at the The Gas board ,when you got a shotty job like a multipoint in an awful property /position ,the supervisers who came from the "tools" allowed you for the pig-of -a-job ..)

unsociable hours as normal ,
AND THE MOST WORRING IS LIABILITY IS ON THE WORKERS BACK ...NOT THE AGENCY
///////////////////////////////////////////////
These agencies are steadly creeping in through Insurance companies(WHO ARE ANOTHER SCUM BUSINESS !)who use them, an you as the fitter are given the work through your agency , I have heard some real horror stories where Agency staff have tried to tell Gas Fitters what "is" an Emergancy or "not" an leave it til next day ,lol
It was wonderfuel when I gave up the Gas side an the only thing I write up on a job is a Estimate now , an receipt ;)

although ,about 13months ago I had Dolphin Bathrooms pestering me to run teams of their fitters , I told them to do one !!!
as that firms a nightmare agency so Im told (an very dear for a complete refit upwards of 8k lol
if I come in at half that Im laughing ..)

best thing I would do B.O.B DOLE is ring a few local gas firms up an see if they are taking on ,or you as S/E for them , other than that you gotta trade yourself ,

or do like I did an knock the Gas on its head , all that EXPENSE an all the ex Brit Gas fitters are flooding the job market + these clowns doing "micky mouse " gas courses at the poly wanting a slice of the pie ,

wood you like, thats why you need a decent accountant who can claim absolutley everything you are entitled to, to keep the tax mans cut as low as possible. ;)

Sponsored Links
Thermo said:
to keep the tax mans cut as low as possible. ;)

I've heard that some folks do cash jobs so that the tax-man gets even less!

petewood said:
B.O.B DOLE said:
yes but out of that 28 ponds comes all the usual expenses CORGI FEES
LIABILITY INSURANCE, ACS EVERY 5 YEARS, HOLIDAY PAY , PENSION, VAN LEASE , PETROL, VAN ROAD TAX , MOT, VAN INSURANCE, MATERIALS FOR JOBS, TOOLS, ..............TAX. 18% NATIONAL INSURANCE. and all this out of the £28 and then you need a wage
can you now see my problem.

Point taken, I know all about overheads. Has anyone ever tried to work out what all this lot comes to?

But the fact still remains that you are being offered this work but you don't have to accept it. I doubt whether a scheme like this have much effect a good tradesman who has a good word-of-mouth reputation.
they should not be in the position in the first place to offer it the scamming bas..tards

kendor said:
Christsakes we're talking £28 per hour here, not a week!! What's he driving to the jobs a Rolls Royce??

What does he think a decent wage for the job he does should be then? £40, £50 an hour? and then they wonder why people moan about tradesmen and how they rip off customers! :rolleyes: no wonder there are so many DIY'ers out there.
concidering they are sat on there fat arses and charging costermers £59 hr when if these guys where in jail where they should be these people would stop being robbed and have more of a chance of contacting a honest engineer like myself and we can keep the prices down

B.O.B DOLE said:
kendor said:
Christsakes we're talking £28 per hour here, not a week!! What's he driving to the jobs a Rolls Royce??

What does he think a decent wage for the job he does should be then? £40, £50 an hour? and then they wonder why people moan about tradesmen and how they rip off customers! :rolleyes: no wonder there are so many DIY'ers out there.
concidering they are sat on there fat a**es and charging costermers £59 hr when if these guys where in jail where they should be these people would stop being robbed and have more of a chance of contacting a honest engineer like myself and we can keep the prices down

That makes iit pretty clear to me Bob. It's not the money you can get, it jealousy of others. Why are you so concerned with what others get?
If they are sat on their arses then why don't you set up that kinda company?
The truth is they are probably paying for the call centre, the accountancy team, a sales force etc.

petewood
Taxmen , women are not stupid ,
there are on par with the Gestapo .... an once you lie or they trip you up they class you as unreliable, an tax you at the Highiest rate for that trade ... No Appeals

I had a Tax Audit 5yrs ago, an my earlier yr I had been "ducking an Diving -cash in hand =london ..!", ok it was the odd job an not on the "Black" ......
BUt it came BACK to haunt me as Mrs Blinkwater ...the SS OF OUR District had me for 5 days at their offices on the hearing ..
I spend a fortune on a good accountant , but even he was on the ropes when she asked why I had an extra £60 in my pocket , OMFG ...

In those days my wife who was a cosmetic buyer on her Counter in the shop she worked at ,she did my books very good but she had left the £60 over ,where had it come from , ??????????????...urgh
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
TICK TOCK ..TICK TOCK.. TICK TOCK ..TICK TOCK

I was on the spot sat facing this stone cold killer an said ,

"er I think it was a win on the gee gees ,
I didnt tell the Book keeper my wife as she doesnt like me betting an since she found the excess money I have had to lie to her as Im at Gamblers anonymous ,
an she said she would leave me if I EVER betted again ,
Im ever so sorry , I was weak an Im sorry , please dont tell my wife "looks pleadingly/ ashamed at tax women .....

with a smug grin she said "I believe you but any undisclosed earnings can an will be found !!!", I thanked her an left the office Lil Bill my accountant an I went the pub then for many a drink ..lol

you see taxmen are like the terminator robot ,they will hunt your money down an destroy you if you lie ...

Moz said:
petewood
Taxmen , women are not stupid ,
there are on par with the Gestapo ....

I see, ve haf vays of making you tock?

petewood
LOl..LOL.>LOL
TOCK .....
yeppers an when on the spot an interrogated over £60 ...hmmm

TICK BLEEDIN TOCK ...;)

petewood said:
kendor said:
Only £46k, you have to feel sorry for the poor souls.

A few quick estimations here:

Insurance £800, Accountant £500, Van running costs £4000, corgi fees £500? Tools £300. Can't think of anything else offhand, so £46k becomes £40k.

Bob Dole why is this such a bad deal?

like someone said you dont get travel time which in total would be 1 half hours to your first job and they supply about 3 jobs a day as anyone out there worked for these ,,,PIRATES,,, i would love to here freom you so work that one out £28 x 3 = £84 a day x 5 x 52 = you see not quit 46k is it.

Moz said:
B.O.B DOLE

I totally agree with you , I gave up on gaswork/corgi/acs Bullshot years ago ,the thing is alot of replies are from the snidey office junior/IT guy who cannot get on a plumb course at his local poly ,an is just jealous,lol..lol

A lot of my mates who still trade in manchester as Gorgi Regd Firms are always bothered by these agency firms asking/begging for them to work for them as firms for them ,
the pitfalls of agency work as you mentioned

+NO JOB security
no holiday pay
fixed rates an TIMES for each job , so many jobs needing to be done in a shift ,

(at least at the The Gas board ,when you got a shotty job like a multipoint in an awful property /position ,the supervisers who came from the "tools" allowed you for the pig-of -a-job ..)

///////////////////////////////////////////////
These agencies are steadly creeping in through Insurance companies(WHO ARE ANOTHER SCUM BUSINESS !)who use them, an you as the fitter are given the work through your agency , I have heard some real horror stories where Agency staff have tried to tell Gas Fitters what "is" an Emergancy or "not" an leave it til next day ,lol
It was wonderfuel when I gave up the Gas side an the only thing I write up on a job is a Estimate now , an receipt ;)

although ,about 13months ago I had Dolphin Bathrooms pestering me to run teams of their fitters , I told them to do one !!!
as that firms a nightmare agency so Im told (an very dear for a complete refit upwards of 8k lol
if I come in at half that Im laughing ..)

best thing I would do B.O.B DOLE is ring a few local gas firms up an see if they are taking on ,or you as S/E for them , other than that you gotta trade yourself ,

or do like I did an knock the Gas on its head , all that EXPENSE an all the ex Brit Gas fitters are flooding the job market + these clowns doing "micky mouse " gas courses at the poly wanting a slice of the pie ,

VERY WISE WORDS MOZ you are dead right like i said its time to hang up the u gauge for me i have had it up to my neck the gas game is just full of corrupt back handers i feel sorry for the guys who waste there time thinking like i did they can start there own bussinees off and make a living
its corrupt from the poly to the contractors ANYONE THINKING OF GOING INTO THE GAS GAME STAY WELL AWAY YOU WILL END UP SHARK MEAT LIKE THE REST OF US..........

B.O.B DOLE

"Reads we love the reads army"

all about tell them ..

////////////////////////////////////////////////

B.O.B NEEDS A HOLIDAY ...
sem ploy

Yeah well done ..
if a small firm , 8 or more men/ girls .. ok .............yes you can be that
a true firm...some polish but as we speak ..

Moz said:

+NO JOB security
no holiday pay

You are either Self employed OR NOT can't have it both ways so how can you expect the agency to supply vans, insurance etc?

Sponsored Links
Back