Fight with a call centre

M

Mickymoody

I'm still worn out after a mammoth fight with Virgin media call centre. I got a bill twice as much as normal, so rang the automated helpline, but the amount was muffled, so rang again, to speak to someone, eventually got through. I get ebilling, but they haven't ebilled me, to tell me what my bill is, so I'm told to log onto their website, which I don't have a password for.

So I'm repeatedly told that I must log in to my computer, before the information would be given, to which I tell them, I busy, just give me the info, eventually they do. For an itemised bill.

So later, I log in, password doesn't work that they gave me, that I didn't select, and many links are broken. But eventually log in, after changing my password to what they said it was (but wasn't origionally), then it asks me for a PIN number...

Frustrated, I ring their call centre, and I cannot hear the person trying to help me, as some type of party is going on in the background, I ask repeatedly, to ask them to STFU, politely, no. So I ask for a manager, eventually get thru, only for the phone to be dropped at their end, then someone else come on the phone, swear at me, and hang up on me.

So I call back...the manager I spoke to, has gone for breakfast apparently, they are based in India, and they have no managers, bosses or management on site whatsoever. All the while, the party music, and party in the background continues...

So the person then says, that he will get his manager to call me back, they are supposed to be customer support? I can't hear them, as they are having a party...offers me £10 off my bill...did the manager ring me back? Nope.

They then say that to contact the media giant, to make a complaint...Is by Snailmail. And gave me the address. So the only way to say you are upset with their service, is by writing a letter, and sending by mail? C'Mon!

I suggest that anyone that uses Virginmedia to use speedtest.net (their own benchmark), and if you don't get the speed that you are paying for, complain.

All I was asking for was my itemised ebill. They put so many barriers up, changed my passwords, and introduced a PIN system..to prevent me to seeing how they are stealing from me. Then their customer support was a joke.

Long post...Anyone else gone through this? If you need the postal address to complain to.. I can supply it. And it isn't Richard [email protected]

Sponsored Links
Never mind Mick. You are constantly complaining about the pittance you have to live on - so cancel your Virgin account and use the money saved to go job hunting.

I very much doubt there was a party going on in the background, and that you were swore at.

To live in India and get a job in a call centre is the UK equivalent of getting a job at Price Waterhouse Coopers. It may be difficult for us to understand them but they work very hard at mastering English and learning their script, it's good money (for them) too.

Make a note of who you spoke to and the time as most of the time calls are recorded incase of complaints.

Sounds like bull to me.
I was at a m8ts @ xmas. His 3 daughters got "tablets" as pressies. I set them up on their NEW virgin broadband.
1st job, get the router set up, ring Virgin call centre @ 10am Xmas day, get greeted by a friendly person. All set up and sorted in 10mins.
Excellent service. Cannot fault them.

Sponsored Links
Micky, you may want to create a user account here http://community.virginmedia.com/

Log on and post there. Quite often you'll be contacted by someone in the UK , either by telephone or by personal message.
I had a problem with my set top box and posted on there and everything was sorted out within a few days. ;) ;)

Of course there are always other stories to counteract the good ones. We moved recently and I tried to get Virgin to set us up at the new house. I spent ages on the phone trying to contact Virgin, no-one rang back and eventually I gave up. They didn't have a cable down the road so I can only get ASDL and no cable TV. For this slower service they wanted me to pay £40 connection fee then wait 17 days for connection. BT on the other hand, no connection fee and all done within 5 days.

Virgin then wqanted me to pay for an unannounced disconnection.

Sounds like bull to me.
I was at a m8ts @ xmas. His 3 daughters got "tablets" as pressies. I set them up on their NEW virgin broadband.
1st job, get the router set up, ring Virgin call centre @ 10am Xmas day, get greeted by a friendly person. All set up and sorted in 10mins.
Excellent service. Cannot fault them.

Thats because they dont celebrate Christmas..lol.

Micky, you may want to create a user account here http://community.virginmedia.com/

Log on and post there. Quite often you'll be contacted by someone in the UK , either by telephone or by personal message.
I had a problem with my set top box and posted on there and everything was sorted out within a few days. ;) ;)

I was about to suggest that, they do seem to respond & theres plenty of help there.

I genuinely have some sympathy for those without work and on JSA . But I can`t see why anyone needs anything more complex than a Tesco Value Pay-as You go :confused: . I do wonder if Micky is actually taking the micky and baiting the ones who love dole bludgers :LOL:

To be fair, if you took the same attitude, with them, that you do, with others on here, then I'd have treated, you, in a similar way.

ROFL.
Must admit, when doing "phone fixes" the attitude does have a bearing on the responce given.

Funniest is when they shout "your alarm" has gone wrong ( 99.9% of the time its user error, you can train chimps easier!!!)
1st I tell them my alarm is fine, the one you bought is saying what exactly?

But as suggested, if Moody is as edantic on the phone as on here. It must be hell for the operator on the other end.
Being told they dont have a clue, he knows better................pmsl

I used to work for Telewest who later became part of Virgin Media.

We had a local UK call centre, and for the hold music they just plugged in the satellite feed from MTV. This was fine until late one night someone called and managed to get through to the overnight techs instead of the 24hr remote call centre. The techs put them on hold, but it never occurred to them that back them MTV used to show Beavis and Butthead late at night.

The customer thought the techs were laughing at her down the phone and calling her names.

After that they changed the hold music feed to the Country Music channel.

Never mind Mick. You are constantly complaining about the pittance you have to live on - so cancel your Virgin account and use the money saved to go job hunting.

Strange as it might seem Joe, I was advised by the Citizens Advice, Jobcentre, and all those schools that I attend, doing charity work, for the dole, that I MUST have access to the Internet and telephone, as that is the best way to search for jobs, strangely enough. You do seem to have constant the verbal runs, don't you? And if I didn't use the Internet as a resource, then that would be classified as not looking for work..

I did get £10 off my bill, but have to pay for a stamp to contact this multimedia company..Irony?

JoinerJohn - the reason I called them, was that I was unable to log onto their website, to check my bill.. :rolleyes:

Strange as it might seem Joe, I was advised by the Citizens Advice, Jobcentre, and all those schools that I attend, doing charity work, for the dole, that I MUST have access to the Internet and telephone, as that is the best way to search for jobs,

Yeah but you have to APPLY for jobs - they won't knock at your door and give you a haircut and say "Please work for us Micky". :rolleyes:

Must admit, when I was on the dole (and only getting £32 a week because of my circumstances) they expected me to keep my contract mobile and home phone/internet etc. When applying for jobs they told me to ring up the company a few days later, just to make sure they had received my application. If offered an interview, ring up again to accept , or send them an acknowledgement letter. After an interview, ring them again for feedback etc.
I did ask how I was supposed to afford all of these phone calls and letters , keep a contract mobile and internet, pay gas and electric bills and feed myself on £32 a week. Their answer??? "Come in to the jobcentre and use our phones etc." Yep only costs £4 return on the bus (non refundable),,, I didn't think so.
They just don't have a f*****g clue. It's all well and fine for the people who work for the jobcentre churning out this useful advice, but they are not the ones being kicked in the teeth whilst your down.

Sponsored Links
Back