Fight with a call centre

I was on New deal (dole skool for the uninitiated) for a fairly short time.
Travel expenses are only payable when you have an appointment (but feel free to drop in anytime for free internet access, telephone etc). First review I was due to have fell on the same day as a job interview, so I phoned them up asking what I should do? "Oh, we'll cancel your review and please go to the job interview etc."
The day after the interview, I received a phone call from the New Deal people telling me I was to be put on sanction for failing to attend the review, and I also received a snotty letter from them.
I explained that I'd phoned in 2 days before the review as I had a job interview the same day. Guess what,,, the message had not been passed on until 2 days after the review date. When I eventually went in for the review, they were so apologetic (not), straight away reminding me that I had to phone in if I could not attend reviews. I told the girl, it wasn't my fault that messages were not passed on the same day, only to be told, it wasn't her fault either. :eek:

And these people expect us to abide by rules they make up as they go along????

That - I can connect completely with. I attended an interview 20 miles away...and the dole said they would pay for travel expenses. There was no bus to this remote site. But my Mum drove me there. And when the dole school said I didn't attend the interview. I was livid. So pointed out the receptionist had loads of tattoos, described the building, they eventually believed me.

So these people DO make up the rules as the go along. The dole people have said to me that providing advice on here, is classified as 'working', and unavailable for work, so my money would be stopped again.

Sponsored Links
JJ, old mate, in hind sight did you get an overdraft put on that account?

A chap I know recently had a friend driving madly around taking money out of one bank account to take it to another bank in another town. All because he didn't want a little overdraft. What a t****r he was.

Not you old mate though. :D

Wrecked, I have a basic bank account with absolutely no overdraft facilities whatsoever. If I go 1p overdrawn, I get a snotty letter from the bank telling me "I must make sure I have enough in the account to ensure that DD's can be paid,,,, otherwise the bank may choose to cancel my account at a minutes notice."

Well probably not a minutes notice, but when you've been on the dole, it certainly seems like they could do it at a minutes notice. ;) ;)

It seems like people are critical of people on the dole, but what about the working that have various jobs, a referee, that was claiming incapacity? Or the woman that claimed dole, while working, during a parachute jump? And had 3 jobs? So it's not the dole dependant, that is scamming the dole, it's the working that is scamming the dole, as previously stated.

So when people say dole 'workshy', that rips people off, it is in effect, working people ripping of the dole system, because they work. And then claim dole.....

Most 'dole shy' people, are out of work by being made redundant....Most dole rip-offs are people that WORK, that claim DOLE. And have never caimed DOLE in their lives, but find it useful to boost their earnings.

.......... The dole people have said to me that providing advice on here, is classified as 'working', and unavailable for work, so my money would be stopped again.

So you told them that you are a professional adviser on a DIY forum? You silly boy. :eek:
Now that was seriously delusional.

I guess we're all going to have to declare our earnings from DIYnot.com. :!: :eek:

Guffaw........

Sponsored Links
The dole people have said to me that providing advice on here, is classified as 'working', and unavailable for work, so my money would be stopped again.

Really?
So why advice have you provided then?
Dogma, yes. Advice, Hmmm

The dole people have said to me that providing advice on here, is classified as 'working', and unavailable for work, so my money would be stopped again.

You really do make stuff up as you go along don't you.

The bit in bold is interesting. I know for a fact that it takes a lot for them to stop your money. So, why was it stopped in the first place?

Micky probably had his money stopped because he is a lazy, workshy scrounging parasite with no intention of ever doing a days work.

He is the real life version of frank gallagher (shameless).

Firstly, you have to GIVE advice, no evidence of that yet.

Secondly, the dole will not stop any payments just because you told someone what size fuse to put in their kettle on a forum!

Micky probably had his money stopped because he is a lazy, workshy scrounging parasite with no intention of ever doing a days work.

He is the real life version of frank gallagher (shameless).

Hmm, my thanks to your post was removed.. Weird :confused:

MM the new mod? :eek:

Wots "Dole" anyway?

Thought they changed the names a while back?

Sponsored Links
Back