Calling all Sikkens Rubbol XD gloss experts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

After much research I have decided to paint some exterior woodwork on our house using Sikkens Rubbol XD gloss as it seems to get glowing reviews everywhere. However I am a bit little confused about white and what 1 company are calling "classic white".

Every company seems to sell it in 3 different forms

1. White
2. Black
3. A colour mixture from the BS, RAL, NCS and ACC colour ranges

However 1 company have it advertised as being available in

1. White
2. Classsic white
3. Black
4. A colour mixture from the BS, RAL, NCS and ACC colour ranges

I have asked the company if option 2 "classic white" really exists or if its just a mistake on their website. They reckon it really does exist and in their opinion has slightly better opacity than white.

So are they correct, or are they mistaken? Is there a really a “Classsic white” version? And why does nobody else sell this “classic white” version?

PS. I am aware it’s late October and this paint has a really long drying time. I will be using it late spring or early summer next year.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The only thing that springs to mind is it might be called "classic white" outside of the UK and "British Standard (BS) white" in the UK (as opposed to "brilliant white" white has a slightly blueish tinge).

My evidence? Rather weak but I did a google search for

Dulux "classic white"

None of the sites returned are British.

Sponsored Links
The only thing that springs to mind is it might be called "classic white" outside of the UK and "British Standard (BS) white" in the UK (as opposed to "brilliant white" white has a slightly blueish tinge).

My evidence? Rather weak but I did a google search for

Dulux "classic white"

None of the sites returned are British.

Thanks for replying.

God know what they are up to :confused:

I've just noticed they also sell Sikkens Rubbol Primer Plus in white and "classic white" :confused:

http://www.decoratingdirect.co.uk/viewprod/s/SIKONOL/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back