Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
deleted seems people think Im a troll

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If I call the emergency services on a landline the call goes to my local exchange (I think) and they know the address that I'm calling from. But what happens if you are using a mobile?
"What3words" app will find you...If you want to be found.

Last edited:
Don't do apps, my phone is coal powered, and yes I do want to be found

Your call can usually be triangulated to give a fairly accurate location. Even better if location services are enabled.

Sponsored Links
Y

Last edited:
Yes but that would take time and you would need a good connection. I don't think I have location services

There is a mast about 500yards from my house, but if I connect in an emergency how do they know where I am.

Incidently, in case people think this is suspicious, a few months back I got a garbled call from someone asking asking for dave, told them wrong number and hung up, they immediately called again asking for dave and I hung up, but then thought that sounded like someone in trouble, so I dialled 1471 and got their number and then dialled 999, explained what had happened and they said they would send the police to the address.
What is the point in your post?

Admin, please delete this post, people think its some kind of wind up, it was genuine question, I wont bother again, bye bye

Depending on several things. mainly your 'phone's capabilities
With a GPS enabled Smart 'phone the Emergency operator will have the OS Locator to pass to the emergency service.
Withouit GPS but with 'intelligent' mobile network the network will localise you down to 250m or less.
On GSM the cell your are calling through identity will be presented to the operator.

Last edited:
I'm confused, I can't see anyone suggesting the OP is a troll?

Depending on several things. mainly your 'phone's capabilities
With a GPS enabled Smart 'phone the Emergency operator will have the OS Locator to pass to the emergency service.
Withouit GPS but with 'intelligent' mobile network the network will localise you down to 250m or so.
On GSM the cell your are calling through identity will be presented to the operator.
It's not that we think it's a windup but your question has no context. If you explain the context with which you want the question answered we can hone our answers.

It was quite simple if I ring emergency services on a mobile how/or do they know my location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back