Is your call to the emergency services really necessary ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
With reference to last nights quake.

Why does joe public phone the emergency services when something like this happens just to ask was that an earth quake or tell them oh my house just shook.

The emergency services are there for one reason EMERGENCIES ie if your life or your property is in imminent danger then phone them, otherwise your unnecessary call blocks lines intended for emergency use and could stop someone who really needs emergency help from contacting them.

If you want to know what happened put the radio on or the tv for the news.

Anyone agree ?

Sponsored Links
With reference to last nights quake.

Why does joe public phone the emergency services when something like this happens just to ask was that an earth quake or tell them oh my house just shook.

The emergency services are there for one reason EMERGENCIES ie if your life or your property is in imminent danger then phone them, otherwise your unnecessary call blocks lines intended for emergency use and could stop someone who really needs emergency help from contacting them.

If you want to know what happened put the radio on or the tv for the news.

Anyone agree ?

I agree.
Allegedly our local force hotlines were jam packed with callers after this earthquake? What a bunch of idiots!

WTF for? One thing the government and police cant control is natural disasters...
and they just experienced the same thing :LOL: :?:

Caller "quick, we need police."
operator "what is your emergency"
Caller " The ground is shaking, send a squad car please"
??????????

The Earth moves for mrs Megawatt every night ... She doesn't call the dibble though?

Sponsored Links
so in summary, during the night the earth shook a bit, a parrot fell of its perch, one bloke broke his hip and some chimneys fell down. WHy was this all i heard about on the radio today then? Wonder what the japs or mexicans think!

ive just recieved a funny text message joke about the quake...unfortunately i cant put it on here though :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back