Travelodge Customer Service

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a query regarding money taken from my account by Travelodge. I don't understand what the sum is for, so set about contacting them. I wanted to talk to them on the phone, but my first stumbling block is that you can't. All complaints have to be made by e-mail...

So I sent off the e-mail.........The reply came back:

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 1:42 PM
Subject: Reference #15071-58328

Our Customer Services department are currently experiencing extremely high contact volumes. We therefore apologise that we have not yet responded to your original query. We are working hard to answer queries as quickly as possible, and will therefore respond to your query as soon as possible.

Kind regards Travelodge

Reference Information:
Reference #: 15071-58328

Date Created: 6/6/2010 10:02:30 AM ET

So I wait. I get another e-mail:

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 1:42 PM
Subject: Reference #15071-58328

Our Customer Services department are currently experiencing extremely high contact volumes. We therefore apologise that we have not yet responded to your original query. We are working hard to answer queries as quickly as possible, and will therefore respond to your query as soon as possible.

Kind regards Travelodge

Reference Information:
Reference #: 15071-58328

Date Created: 6/6/2010 10:02:30 AM ET

I am a little annoyed now, so send this:

Sir or Madam

Reference #15071-58328

Is this really what you would call good customer service?

Firstly, I cannot resolve this matter by talking to a person on the phone: there is no option but to contact you by e-mail and receive a soulless "auto-reply" telling me my query will be responded to as soon as possible.

I have been sent e-mails telling me this twice so far, yet nothing has materialised despite more than two weeks having elapsed since I e-mailed my complaint.

When I have sung your praises to people I speak to, they agree that your prices are excellent, but warn me that one of the downsides is that customer service is usually poor. This, they explain, is because to keep costs down, fewer people are employed by the company and they struggle to cope when workloads increase. "Oh no" I have replied, "Travelodge are very good."

Now I am beginning to wonder if they are right. Perhaps your e-mail address should actually be

Travelodge Hotels Ltd - Customer Non-Services ?

Perhaps I should be staying elsewhere?
Simon Abbott.

Wait yet more. Nothing. Today I have sent a simple:

I am still waiting!!

Arrrrgggghhhhhhhh!!!

Sponsored Links
:D :D

If Premier Inns are good enough for Lenny Henry they'll be nearly good enough for me!!

I didn't mean to sound flippant when posing that question. I assume he won't be using them again. My only point is, and it's a difficult pill to swallow, but you learn by your mistakes. These companies make it sound like they cut their staff to the bone to provide us with the best deal. No they don't! They cut staff to the bone to ensure the greatest return... 'monetary return' that is, not customer returns obviously!

Sponsored Links
most of the staff are foreign anyway, usually with a poor command of the english language.

Wotan

I had a simular problem with a company that only CS contact was via email or fax. It just does not work, you need to speak to people to resolve problems, I won't use them again.
But what was the problem with the card payment?
Travelodge don't normally take payment until your stay has been completed, then the bill is given and can be viewed/queried before payment.

I was trying to book an Easyjet flight online in January and was unable to select a flight, my friend was having simlar issue and I mailed them, then went to another friends house which worked ok and we booked flights.

They mailed me back in March to say sorry and I quote 'they couldn't reply sooner due to amount of emails regarding the snow', I don't remember 6 weeks of snow

Travelodge, I'd rather sleep on a park bench.

Bit difficult with 5 of us!!

Blas: I don't think so, at least until I have resolved my query.

PBD: There was an extra payment taken that we did not recognise.

Try sending a letter.

you can attach a photocopy of your bill and partial cc statement.

Only ever stayed in a Travelodge once,

Wont be doing it again, charging paying guests to park their car in their car park is a disgrace!

Report it to your bank as an unauthorised and fraudulent transaction.

Then write a letter to Grant Hearn, the Chief Executive Officer of Travelodge at their registered offices - Travelodge Hotels Ltd, Sleepy Hollow, Aylesbury Road, Thame, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom, OX9 3AT - telling him that since they have ignored your query about this unexplained charge then you will be reporting the matter to the police as a theft.

Tends to get their attention.

Sponsored Links
Back