Thoughtless Customer Service

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I contacted a company asking about what services they offered disabled customers and told them I was, amongst other things, sight impaired.

This is the start of their reply:

Good morning Simon

Thank you for your email about becoming a potential customer.

I wouldn't mind, but they went on to say:

We offer our disabled customers, alternative bill formats, alternative literature formats

Which I presume means large print format literature too...

It's not really funny, but can anyone beat that?

Sponsored Links
Thanks, Mrs Secure told me about that one.

You think working in that department she would be mindful of that kind of thing..... :rolleyes:

Maybe large print hurts her eyes, have you considered that you heartless swine? At least you can cntrl + on your keyboard, if she were to send it large she'd be in agony.

Sponsored Links
I haven't a clue what they're all on about! I presume that an offensive post has been removed that might have clarified things.

I told him to stop whining and get some glasses. Worra wimp running off to the mods. :rolleyes:

I told him to stop whining and get some glasses. Worra wimp running off to the mods. :rolleyes:

To be fair, I thought that was quite funny - so long as it was intended that way, of course.

Why suddenly jump to the conclusion it was me?

You are either completely paranoid that it was me that went to the mods or so up yourself to believe that I would report it.

It couldn't possibly be that someone else reported it, or a mod wandered by and read what you wrote?

No, it had to be me.

I promise you I did not.

Ask Mod 9 yourself, if you don't believe me.

In the wave of offensive and racist posts in the GD forum it was hardly up there with the worst. Its not rocket science.

I still don't have a clue what joe is on about with regard to the word deletable...

This has turned out to be a much bigger thing than it really is.

Freddie: Regarding offensive, I was not offended, either by the customer service or by joe's remark.

I wasn't whining nor as some think was I complaining that this was the most offensive thing I have ever experienced, I was just commenting that it was very short-sighted (excuse pun) of the CS person considering they work in the department offering assistance to disabled people not to type the email in a much larger font.

The title of the thread suggested that it was more of a light-hearted matter, surely?

I was not hurt by joe's suggestion to get glasses: as I said, I already have glasses.

Whether he believes me or not, I don't particularly care, but I didn't complain about his post.

Sponsored Links
Back