Home address by looking at your e-mail ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I has found a Abbey National cheque book lying on the pavement after a evening meal just outside the Weatherspoon pub, on the back of the cheque book there is a local call rate number to ring for stolen/missing cheque book. I was in queue for 25 minutes so I gave up as it was my phone call. I then pop into the local Abbey National branch the next day and handed it in.
I decided to e-mail them, saying shouldn't it be a freephone number to courage people to report it ? They are now going to forward my comments on to the relevant team.

This is their replies,

Hello Andrew,

I would like to thank you for taking time to contact Abbey and for returning the cheque to the branch. I have requested a bottle of wine to be sent to your home address as a thank you.

With regards to the telephone call I am sorry to hear that you were kept waiting for such a long time,I can confirm that all calls are charged at local rate, however, I will forward your comments on to the relevant team.

Thank you once again, I hope you enjoy the wine.

Kind regards

Jo Rowley
Abbey Customer Services
To help us improve our services we may record or monitor telephone calls.

Right the next question is,

The wine bottle arrived this morning and what I want to know is, how did they know my home address as I didn't give it to them ?

Am'I right saying they know your home address by looking at your e-mail address ?

Sponsored Links
couple of things

have you an account with them?

ever heard of "kellys directory?"

Handy Andy .. If you left your name ... phone number ? They are a financial company and I believe as such they have access to the full electoral role, that is the one which you cannot opt out of.
Heaven knows if they can obtain information from an ISP One would have thought not .......... But I would not count on it.
They sound a friendly bunch, why not ask them how they did it ?
BTW I have used an older version of this :- http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0006FYMO4/ref=pd_sim_sw_dp_1/202-7739463-4138249 Scroll down the page .. search by neighbour ... household names .. businesses ... maps with zoom ... quite frightening .. I tracked down friends unseen for decades !! There are cheaper CDs from same publisher, with less powerful searches. ;)

Sponsored Links
well an account is when you go in and say " i would like to open an account with you please"

kellys directory, is a directory that lists people by address

pipme said:
Handy Andy .. If you left your name ... phone number ?
No, just my e-mail address.
pipme said:
They sound a friendly bunch, why not ask them how they did it ?
;)
I will do and let you lot know the outcome.

Damn, done it again !! Added more to my previous post.

If your email address is your primary and has your name in it, why not set up another with a pseudo name ? saves leaving your real name all over the web.. among us nutters anyway ....
:evil:

breezer said:
probably by your wife's details
hmmm, my e-mail address is difference to my wife e-mail.

I have e-mail Abbey and be interested to see what they say.

masona said:
breezer said:
probably by your wife's details
hmmm, my e-mail address is difference to my wife e-mail.

I have e-mail Abbey and be interested to see what they say.
but she is mrs "masona" ?

wouldn't it be funny if some one working there is your neighbour and knows where you live

breezer said:
but she is mrs "masona" ?
No, "masona" name idea come from my e-mail at work. (mason andy)
breezer said:
wouldn't it be funny if some one working there is your neighbour and knows where you live
Nothing surpised me anymore :!: Gees, there no hiding place is there ? :evil:

I did realise your name is not really mr Masona, its just i said mrs "masona" as she is your wife so has the same name you do as in jones

HEY! Watch what you're saying - I was born in Wales....

post locked see 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back