calling oil experts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my mother has a 30 year old worcester danesmoor 15/19 the problems started about a year ago, first the old tranny had melted so i went to replace it only to discover (not a shock really) it was an updated model so on went the new tranny and leads all was fine for about 3 months.

next to go was the pump, again this was replaced with a new version, solenoid and adpater.

which brings me on to this week from hell.it broke down again.

all operation was fine i.e pump vented, plenty oil in tank, fan runs, drive dog fine, sparks away - but no oil.

i checked for 240v on the solenoid lead and i get nothing, whipped off the solenoid and power up, stick a screwdriver through it and it doesnt magnetize.

so come to the conclusion it's the relay box. only to find they dont sell bho11.1 box anymore. should be replaced with bho64 series again cant get it. finally settled with bho 72.10 and adapter plate.

tried the new box and plate on everything worked (oil going through to injector) but no spark!!! so examined the wiring diagram and discovered there was no power going to tranny, so i swapped terminal 7 for 6 on the adapter plate and now it all works fine -------for about a minute.

boiler goes through a purge then lights, flame is established then after a minute goes to lockout. does anyone know what i do now, my poor mum has never heard me swear so much in all my life. cheers in advance

Sponsored Links
bite the bullet, buy a new danesmoor. you can still get them for about £550+vat. non condensing, because i was told in scotland regs don't yet state you need condensing. whack it in, jobs a good-un. new boiler, no hassle.

or, there is a company that sells complete burners for any boiler burner box for about £250+ vat.

Sponsored Links
I recall you need to change the photocell with the control box, but with that burner, which I think is the Selectos D42,it would be better to replace the burner with a Sterling ST108, available from Nu-Way. You will need to set the pressure and monitor the combustion. Have you the kit to do that?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back