Calor Gas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Or should say (expletive) Calor Gas.
Received letter on Saturday informing me of price increase post 27th April. Rang this morning to order replacements to be quoted the new price - over £240 for 3! delivery on Thursday. Asking why when I was expecting to pay £212-50 they said the new price applies on day of delivery not on day or order.

That little bit of info was not in the letter.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
That’s about a 13% increase. Is that not quite a bit less than the average increase in gas prices?
Or, is it more about getting it at the price it was on the day that you ordered it?

One would expect to pay the price on the day of the order, surely?

One would expect to pay the price on the day of the order, surely?
I would tend to agree with you on that but, I used to have a Calor bulk tank in the garden and if I ordered gas, they said that it can take up to 21 days for delivery. So, I can see why they are going by the delivery date price because the price to them could go up drastically between order and delivery.
I always found them a bit awkward to deal with, it was as if they had me by the nuts when it came to buying gas. Because I had a Calor tank none of the other cheaper companies could supply me. I imagine that’s the same for all of them, they only fill their own tanks.

Back