Energy supply taken over

W

wkdhd

My neighbour has rental properties. One of the renters was aggrieved and applied to have her (landlord's) energy supply moved to npower. And they did me too.
I had a letter from utility warehouse saying sorry you are leaving so I rang them and they sent an objection to npower. I had a letter from npower some time later welcoming me as a new customer but with next doors name on the letter. I rang them (1 hour on hold) and they said they had not received an objection so I told them I was objecting and could they stop it and send me a letter.
I went to put my meter readings in today on Utility Warehouse and found the gas greyed out so I rang them. Oh they said, they had objected and received a confirmation but npower had gone ahead anyway.
So I rang npower (30mins on hold). They said Oh yes it is being reversed and had gone to the erroneous transfer department 5 days before they too over the supply. But they transferred it anyway. It will take at least a month to get it back.
I can't understand how this can happen. All you have to do is to fill an online form with no checks that the property actually has anything to do with you

Sponsored Links
You havnt lost any supply, so I would just live with it,, log what you do etc & when its all sorted ask for compensation

Compensation? For what exactly? Poor attitude

I wonder if this is something to do with the government trying to make it easy to swap suppliers? Either an unintended consequence or couldn't be bothered to make it more secure

Compensation? For what exactly? Poor attitude

I wonder if this is something to do with the government trying to make it easy to swap suppliers? Either an unintended consequence or couldn't be bothered to make it more secure

You will probably get two bills for this quarter.

Sponsored Links
If I am reading this right he can't add it to the tenants bill (nothing to do with him).

I'm no lawyer, so probably talking ******.

But I would personally say to the new supplier that I have made no agreement with them and will not be paying them any money for unsolicited or non contracted services.

Less devil advocate would be to state you will pay them at Utility warehouse's rates minus compensation for waste of time.

Sorry. I must have misread it.
I thought the OP said his neighbour's tenant requested the change of supplier without asking the landlord's permission.

I wasn't clear. The neighbour's tenant tried to change the landlady's supplier. They also put in change requests for me, the neighbour on the other side and. I think, more properties in the road.
Npower were apologetic and said they had made a mistake and wouldn't be billing me. Be interesting to see how that pans out. Apparently they are a bit notorious for this and routinely ignore objections to takeovers and just send out more letters. Whether that is due to incompetance or dodgy software I don't know

Why so precious about being with npower anyway? Clearly the 1 hour wait on the phone isn't enough motivation for you to want to switch, the customer service must be second to none! Try out some of the smaller guys, the big 6 have what is coming to them, just like Tesco.

ovo or spark

Nozzle

Nozzle I suggest you read the original post, you have managed to get it completely the wrong way round!

I do wonder if it's a tactic by NPower though? Someone asks to move to them and NPower include the neighbours by hmmm "mistake" (sounds like a plan) .

For heaven's sake nozzle, my supplier is, and has been for years, Utility Warehouse

I had a letter from utility warehouse saying sorry you are leaving

I've been there and it's a flippin' bother. I suspect a p***ed off door to door salesperson in my instance. Took almost a year to completely sort it out. Hope you have better luck.

Sponsored Links
Back